Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

3 Likes

Had to watch that twice no three times to see the imbecile fly out and land in the water. What an idiot. But he lived to hobble off lol :laughing:

3 Likes

Catchin up…

accidental basshead set that came out of nowhere, I’d want to know as well…what would happen with this bcd and increased surface area contact so at least the question is answered. Points of consideration:

• Could check bcd placement with the vibration motor tool - eg. which part of the shell is getting the greatest reading and compare it with the universal.
  • More treble due to deeper insertion depth?

Useful data points to this mystery…and design consideration notes in potential future basshead projects.

O dang, that’s a red pill moment. Seems like a few different approaches being tried atm to deliver on both sides of the bass experience. BCD’s. Scarlet mini’s cleverly shaped resin shell. Fir audio drilling a hole in the metal and doing whatever it is they are doing.

Lil ol’ me still dreaming of a 25db shelf across the sub-bass in a 1dd metal shell for $100 since 2015:

4 Likes

I see it in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of the server fails, when we forsake our gif’s and break all weblinks. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of hifi forums comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight!

Now come the days of Ohm. May they be blessed.

J/K :sweat_smile: a genuine thanks @Ohmboy

A cat obsessed friend of mine just got a new kitten. I shouldn’t send this. I shouldn’t. I really…(may the gods be with me).

I’ll be on at least one person’s hit list after this so…

8 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

200w (30)

Had Covid and was shutdown for 3 days (rough stuff) and am back now

These blow my mind
I was not aware I was coming down sick, thought I had hayfever when these landed.
With my sinuses open these are fucking epic

oh…and…
friday-ice-cube

That is a fucking BRISE AUDIO UPG001Ref.8wire
portland-trail-blazers-thats-my-boy

THERE
ARE
LEVELS
OF
ADORABLE

and also

This signed set is coming
I asked for email to pay him and he told me to donate to charity

giphy - 2024-04-18T231723.666

Singapore animal charity coming right up

29 Likes

Way to go :+1:

9 Likes

Glad to hear that you’re feeling better and everything is working out!

6 Likes

That’s awesome man, good on both you and @crinacle for the gesture and charity.

8 Likes

Is he gonna eat all of that…whoa

2 Likes

Oooh so the CP622B CIEMs hit hard after all then? So happy for you they worked out for you!

4 Likes

Glad to hear your back to normal!

3 Likes

Donating to animal shelters hits close to my heart. I love it. Whos cutting onions in this joint?

10 Likes

Look at that hair , i bet your wife doesn’t want to cut Kai’s hair its awesome!

5 Likes

What a dope company. Comment on my gm video!

10 Likes

They are really young and don’t have a Discord simp squad. It’s refreshing.
When i took down the GM for the CP622B they said “it was a nice run, thanks, how about that collab?”
They are really a buncha dope bro’s
Glad they are getting the love they deserve :heart:

7 Likes

Great video on the titan and comments on ability to raise volumes.
On basshead…noticed compared to how I listen and other basshead sets (ex800,hades,asg), the difference between the satisfying region around 50hz and the sensitive area for many around 6khz is around 12-15db. Not sure but have a feeling that’s why I couldn’t get on with a set like the focus edm.

In the short time I had the EX800, I kept raising the volume (as my brain hunted for something I later learnt was called treble) but then air volume was giving me a sense of panic! In that way, Hades accomplished volume scaling in a way EX800 couldn’t. Never heard Aurisonics sadly :cry:. Maybe Scarlet fever could be the cure I’ve been looking for…:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

The Subonic Storm and Letshuoer can take gain/volume forever.
Some sets seem to get loud very fast.
Titan is one of those.
Thie MK3 and UM Indigo are like Titan.
“Oh that sounds nice, lets turn that up…nope nope”

1 Like

:+1:

2 Likes