Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Pretty good but limited to my phone volume unless I use fage gain in an app and add tons of distortion.
Hits good though

3 Likes
2 Likes

My monthly impulse buy…I know…CCA f’n KZ f’n I don’t believe it f’n Hydro

Looks like the Castor…mid-bass over sub-bass…but with less recessed mids with a clean-up on aisle 500…even though technically it only runs 7 & 8mm DDs…doesn’t seem to need 10s because it has no sub-bass…we’ll see…Paul seems to like it and inexpensive…

and I just needed to buy something

3 Likes

Drivers:

Sonion 38D1XJ00 7Mi/8a

Sonion 37AAX007/A

Sonion 28UAP01

Sonion E50DT0005/D

HJS-7S Electret electrostatic driver

Since I don’t have a 3d printer and can’t tolerate odors due to allergies, I had to redesign the case a bit, so here it is.

I’m planning on a $900-1000 price point.
It will come with this case,

XINHS cable, and Zhulinniao Zhu Rythme Eartips (I found them very comfortable).

The name is planned to be ZEMPIRE AUDIO - ZE622B) or maybe collab) we’ll see).

18 Likes

that looks so sick, will you take years of my life as payment for these

2 Likes

Just watched the vid u just dropped…KZ is finally smartin-up to what kind of tune they send u

I took a shot before the vid dropped and now it’s a…

actually I don’t care…it was cheap and a gift to someone if I don’t like it

3 Likes

Sounds like a deal
I just bought a Dunu Glacier with 4 “Custom BA’s”

Custom…BA’s

giphyrty

CUSTOM…

I didn’t realize till today…I woulda canceled.
Show me a set with all custom BA and I’ll show you a hustle
a DD that is…kinda unclear
4 Custom BA
and 4 Sonion
Why not custom EST?
Cuz a Chinese company didn’t steal that
They stole the knowles papers and gears and lost a lawsuit levied by Knowles.
They won in a Chinese court iirc?
So reading

Drivers:

Sonion 38D1XJ00 7Mi/8a

Sonion 37AAX007/A

Sonion 28UAP01

Sonion E50DT0005/D

HJS-7S Electret electrostatic driver

Reading that quote!

yuio

4 Likes

OG

3 Likes

Everyone on Headfi was trying that…and they all failed unless they had a handful of sets (SZ2k, Yamaha 500, D5k D7k XB1000)
That was about it

As much juice as you liked
just use that track
share the settings
take a video

yuiopp

3 Likes

Serial number # ANTHBB00001

that’s number one of a run of 10 thousand units…cha ching

Anatolyi’s rich biatch

1 Like

Bread-fi…the good ole days…

Some dude said…“he shut down a thread”

some other dude said…“how do you shutdown a thread” :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

who’s feet are those…instead of a hand review…we got ourselves a foot review

4 Likes

Holy shit…that’s pretty steep

1 Like

When I see in the description that the manufacturer uses custom BA drivers… I can’t understand!?, how do they customize them? This is complete nonsense! and marketing shit…What’s the point?? Use the original high-quality drivers and that’s it, there will be no problems!

2 Likes

I’ll think about it)

1 Like

Which also lead to iems using Bellsing BAs being BANNED from selling in the US…not that I think it has had any actual effect though?

Generally “Customized” BA = Non-Knowles/Sonion
I suspect the most customization they are doing is changing some minor thing like the impedance of the driver or perhaps the diaphragm.

2 Likes

I understood why they write “custom BA” to hide the cheap driver they installed, and to the buyer could not see the price of BA.

1 Like

Hey guys, can somebody speak to the Ziigaat Doscinco vs the scarlet mini? Currently the scarlet mini I can only find with the silver cable which is like 160$ more and sits at almost 800$ while the doscinco I can just buy from amazon for 295$ I know the scarlet mini probably hits harder but I’m debating weather it’s worth 400$ more in terms of the full sound spectrum.

2 Likes

I have not heard the Ziigat so take my words with a grain of salt but I’d really think about what you want from your IEM and what type of music you’re listening to.

Are you listening to mostly EDM or bass heavy tracks where the Scarlet Mini will be king? Is your library more rock where the Scarlet can still work but it would -not- be suited for your only set or being treated like an all rounder?

1 Like

As a long time House, techno, listener i want to say that bassy or basshead sets are not the best for music that already has lots of bass. You want something more balanced maybe just slightly bassy with good treble extension.

4 Likes