Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I mostly listen to HipHop/EDM like 70% of time but I also listen to Rock/Punk sometimes. For reference my Headphones I mostly use are my modded Campfire Cascades and my current IEM is still the EX800ST going strong for over 10 years. I enjoyed the IKKO OH10 obsidian when I had it but the left iem Died after 6 months so went back to the Sonys, and as I wrote deciding between these 2 sets. Maybe somebody has both sets and can speak to the differences in sound beside the bass since we all know the scarlet mini is probably king there

1 Like

Speak for yourself homeboiiii - I want to feel like im in the clubbbb

3 Likes

Some spoilers:

I found a way to use a 14.2mm beast that vibrates, it will work like FIR AUDIO’s KINETIC BASS technology, but the difference is that the enclosure will be made of resin since resin transmits vibration better and the back will be vented through a metal mesh. + 8mm DD NDFEB and HJS-7S electret electrostatic driver.

15 Likes

Brother, you’re talking two completely different IEMs in my humble opinion. Whether you get the new batch of the Doscinco or the old one, it was never a bass head IEM, it just had a healthy amount of low end for someone who likes a balanced, slightly darker treble type sig. with a laid back approach. The Scarlet Mini is a certified BASS head IEM that’ll knock your balls off with all of the crazy ass sub-bass heft. I felt the Scarlets were too dark and they had too much bass causing some weird distortion with the rest of the replay. I did not enjoy them. The Doscino was a very enjoyable IEM if we’re talking the original tuning but I ultimately preferred the original tuning of it’s brother, the Cincotres because it felt more open and the mid-bass had better pop in it’s attack.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Like fine wine…

just ask Riku

Preamble…I have both the 2/5 and Scart

Ok…70% HipHop/EDM…without ? the FF

In fact I consider the Scarlet superior to the 2/5 with pretty much every genre…
it lays down the law and grunts when it has to…but can handle upper registers without any sibilance in the consonants…if you want the mids to make their presence appear…just crank up the volume

Scarlets love wattage and volume

But if your on a budget…the Dosfives are incredible…

I’ll be picking up the 5/3s soon

1 Like

Thank you guys! All valid points. I just didn’t want to end up spending almost triple the amount of money for a set that would be enjoyable only with bass heavy music. But it seems like the Scarlet can make anything enjoyable so it’s worth hunting them down over the Doscinco. I just read it has a 10db Bass shelf and I think the scarlet mini has a 30db? So I thought the doscinco might just be a tamed version of the scarlet or Maestro like one grade under the maestro but able to play everything. Seems like I underestimated the scarlets

2 Likes

Just PEQ your EX800st, problem solved.

2 Likes

Do you maybe have a preset you could share ?

I have a few presets in my database in the EQ page.

1 Like

Absolutely

My Scart vs my Maestro SE…like a…

sorry bout dat

1 Like

Thanks can I also read anywhere what mods you did to the ex800?

remove the tuning foam in the nozzle and the disc in it.

1 Like

AliExpress has a variety of tuning foam available
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004052500811.html?sku_id=12000027871684293

What is being done in this box that a nice pair on SONION or Knowles can’t do?
What exact BA are in this set?
Before I put foot in mouth in vid…anyone know the exact drivers?
I just asked a person in China who always tells me what I ask and they said
don’t worry about it, it’s slightly overpriced

giphy (82)

It cost me 20 man at Fujiya Avic about $2000 U.S. cuz it is import and yen dollar is brutal.
If these are the stolen offspring (Knowles Bellsing lawsuit) and the claim is i…it is the same thing re branded then the only diff is the cost…on a $1,300-$2000 set
I can get Sonion and Knowles in mid tier stuff
I must be missing something??

4 Likes

It looks like 2389D from Sonion maybe 31618 Knowles, but it’s not it, I didn’t find anything like it from Knowles either. Strange…

Judging by the graph taken with 30 ohm resistors and the 3D image of the insides of Dunu, namely a bunch of resistors, it can be assumed that such a graph is due to the resistance of the resistors.

2 Likes

I wasn’t super impressed with Glacier when I tried it out. Certainly shouldn’t be kilobuck priced

3 Likes

10 character

8 Likes

hmmm, not similar enough.

2 Likes

akinaukwa-nollybabes

1 Like