Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

12 Likes

I asked Jay if the Doscinco was like a cheap UP and he said yes.

Anyone have both to compare?

1 Like

Me? Not sure when I said that, but in my best hiphop video (I think) I said the UP is cleaner and less heavy. The decay and speed is better on the UP, but Doscincos (my unit at least) slams a lot harder and decays slower, giving a prolonged bass presentation. The uppermids and treble are fairly similar, but aside from that the overall bass presentation is pretty different. If you want a harder slamming set the Dos is better, if you want something more relaxing with good mid-bass separation, UP is better

4 Likes

New collab? :exploding_head:

1 Like

Yes, yes it is

4 Likes

Truthear GATE Frequency Response Graph

8 Likes

That’s supposedly the Hola 2.0 right?

1 Like

I have no clue
They asked me on Friday if I was interested in a new TE $20 set…of course I am, it arrived 2 days later.
I linked to their twitter announce cuz it’s not for sale yet…idt so anyway?

4 Likes

The only thing I would add to that, according to my sets, is that the overall presentation is a bit closer , more intimate on Doscinco, a big plus for me.

2 Likes

has anyone tried the u4s? are they worth it?

2 Likes

I think that if you can get it on the second hand around $700 and below, they’re a great and very safe pick in that price range. If you wanted something a bit more special, there are other options out there imo

2 Likes

giphy (1)

2 Likes

thank you, brothers
the search continues :rofl:

3 Likes

That was what I had heard, but that graph gets me wondering … what happened to the bass?

1 Like

Yeah, same. Was a bit disappointed to see it tbh.

1 Like

I was too, but I have the KZ Vader Balanced on order, which looks like it is a good KZ set. Something they seem to be doing occasionally over the last couple years.

1 Like

A set thats not really being talked about much but deserves to be in more ears the Shanling ME600 big bass and smooth as velvet my favourite buy of 2024 so far

5 Likes

It could be HBB’s unit or not an optimal seal on the rig.

The manufacturer’s graph on B&K 4195-Q shows almost a 10dB boost and the same on Timmy’s unit.

nope-yes

I dunno?
I’m exchanging graphs with a company RE: a $5000 set and we are lined up at 20 Hz to 500Hz to 1Khz to 5Khz to 10Khz w only variation being after 13Khz.

Also

That’s the exact same PILGRIM unit being measured and bass is same so…there are no variations between out mics. Until upper treble and then there is variation that might be down to tips :ok_hand:

7 Likes

you should add another level to your dumpster-shameless hype scale…

whether they’re worthy of the pen clip treatment :smirk:

the GATE obviously isn’t…price notwithstanding

1 Like