Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Some folks said 622b was lacking in late treb…I think that’s crazy talk :melting_face: with my ears/library.
But, they would like this? It’s not lacking but bass in mids are less engaging. Classic, Metal/Thrash great.
Stuff with force and Impact (Most of my library)…I’d go 622b

3 Likes

No, the Canpurs.

2 Likes

The slam of the 622 on certain occasions is not there on 74. It’s a nice and pricey jack of all trades. Lotta pricey stuff is crap or good for a few genre IMO, this can do a library shuffle and you will only miss a slam slap and drop here and there

2 Likes

To be fair, Grand Maestro I don’t believe graphs as close to the bass or Maestro Mini/SE/Scarlet either while certain modules for the Grand Maestro bring it close.

Pulling this from Jaytiss with different modules;

And pulling it from HBB’s:

I think the best thing about the Mini and Scarlet, though, is that they’re smaller, fit right in your ear and have that rumble factor that feels like a rumblepak right in your ear hole.

1 Like

@Sonic_Sleuth

Wtf are you doing?
You joined 2 forums in last month and are spamming both with multiple sets from same seller…

7 Likes

That Juzear 61t butterfly is a pretty nice set.
Bass is one of the best I’ve heard for texture and extension is good too.
Got it on a rec from ToneDeafMonk.
For the price it’s a good solid set.

2 Likes

Ya Hifigo needs to fuck off with that shit very annoying

9 Likes

Please feel free to DM Zeos with your suspicions, the more folk that do the more likely he’ll do something :+1:

10 Likes

@ToneDeafMonk wow…they make you pay for stuff from hifigo?

Oh wait…

Is leaving 5 star reviews but not mentioning it was sent for free …not kinda confusing? for the customer?

10/ outta 10…literally nothing can score better. That’s amazing

9 Likes

I think the wave of Yumu and simps signals a new direction for the site.
You did what could be done and its gone.
I’m just pointing at a hobby ablaze with no water to put it out. Pointless
Hope the fam is doing good :heart: :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Which one has better performance and synergy with rock/prog/metal genres? 622B or 74E?

Hey @hawaiibadboy

I’m a bit confused about what you’re implying. I’m still getting the hang of things on HFG and participating in a few threads. Could you clarify what you mean by saying I joined two forums last month and have been spamming both with multiple sets from the same seller?

If my messages in the threads come across as spammy, I apologize. I’m just sharing my thoughts, opinions, and asking questions about the gear I own or have received for audition (refer to the screenshot below).

I started two threads (one for the Qudelix T-71 and another for the iBasso D16) because I couldn’t find any existing ones. Is that what you’re referring to?

Please let me know, and I’ll be happy to clarify anything.

4 Likes

I love the 622B for rock(and i also don’t have the 74E with me either). I am sorry to highjack your question from HBB haha.

Prog and Metal i don’t exactly listen much of them so can’t comment about them for the 622B.

2 Likes

Man this hobby is a minefield.
Just waiting on the HBB FF and them I’m out for good.

6 Likes

Actually, 622b for everything IMO. The 74 is a more politely tuned set.
I don’t know anyone who thinks 622b is a “V” but some thought it needed air. If ya did maybe 74? My library doesn’t bear out the benefits.
I’ll be buying my own 74E but it’s not a 622b "lite’. Just a great set.

Nah, it’s a public site at the end of the day.
10 years in the hobby and the intensity of mass promo is off the charts in past 2 months like nothing I have ever seen.
It is what it is.

Besides Iron Maiden and Metallica which are kinda metal…ish. I don’t have alot either. But I love Metallica (old stuff)

My Son kept me off for a while. Feels like it changed radically and quickly but that might be me going from daily to a few times a week?
Maybe both.

2 Likes

I actually am far from the hard metal like the one’s you mentioned hehe. i am more of a sweet and melodious music listener. Even for metal, I prefer some new albums of Disturbed. Actually metal i can live with but not the growling and shouting some tracks have.

2 Likes

Agreed, and in Hifigo related bullshit, I got the following message last night.

Hi, John, I’m Alice from hifigo, and I represent HiFiGO’s marketing department. It is with great pleasure that I reach out to you regarding a potential collaboration opportunity, we have some upcoming new items, and I want to recommend them to you, could we talk about it?

That seems super sus to me.

It was from a brand new user ( Terry2024 ) and in response to a post I made about the Supermix 4. I have no intention of responding, since it is either a scam, or a new shady marketing tactic that I want to discourage.

7 Likes

If you dig Maiden and classic Metallica, you should really dig into Megadeth pre-94 and the new stuff from Supercollider onward. Also, get some Judas Priest in there; the earliest stuff like Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny are almost like a different band (more like old Sabbath) than the later ones like Painkiller (an album which is just a nonstop ride all the way through, 10/10). Lots of ballads and emotional stuff in the early catalogue as well. You may be surprised by their range as a band, not to mention Halford’s vocals are insane.

3 Likes

They sent someone else a mail like that and mentioned being patient because they have over 300 reviewers waiting. :melting_face: said joining a tour can sometimes be benefitial to you.
Said it publicly…cuz the culture gap.

That’s HifiGo’s India wing :laughing:

Lotta these human bots are on tour units so they can get 5-20 reviews of of 1 set in addition to the up to 300 other sets they send .
Hidizs Whale SPAM proved you really can just spam the dogshit outta something and get results.

10 Likes

It just turned me off on HifiGo enough that I removed the Pula PA02 from my Amazon cart. I have been on the fence with both PA02 and Performer5 for a while, but I am off today.

5 Likes