Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

It’s a little hard to believe it’s a stealth retune when it just came out. Might be the kind of unit variation like with @domq422’s Mona Mk. II

3 Likes

Are all you folk using the same tips if that’s a thing with graphs :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It is a thing, some folks use the ones that come w/ the set, others have a set they like that fits coupler good and others use foam for perfect seal everytime.
It does make the graphs come out diff

4 Likes

IIRC @MMag05 (and now @VIVIDICI_111 who has the setup) use foams unless otherwise labeled on the specific measurement.

3 Likes

Your new graph for the DaVinci is what mine sound like. The DaVinci has a bit too much bass and sub bass for my personal tastes. I am using parametric EQ to tame the bass and the sub bass. The 61T is on my radar.

1 Like

It may be a stealth retune. The DaVinci has too much bass and sub bass no matter what eartips I use. My DaVinci serial number is #240 which is on the cable splitter and on the box.

Until another graph (or anecdotal evidence) shows what HBB has, I’d go with unit variation versus retune.

We can show when and how Discinco changed. This is just a coincidence, until more evidence comes in

1 Like

@GooberBM Wait so Discinco did got a retune? I thought it’s just unit variation.

2-5 was a retune, afaik

Sorry wrong window my dear friends.

Practicing

5 Likes

ZiiGaat x Fresh Reviews Arete and JUZEAR 61T both sets utilize BA x2 Knowles 31736 tweeters for high and ultra high frequencies.

7 Likes

That looks dope. :ok_hand: :notes:

2 Likes

Spill the beans bro. How is your BC driver iem coming along? @Anatolyi_ZE

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for your question!

I’ll try to explain.

1. The BCD driver is well tuned and has a lot of power. I was worried that the BCD would not properly transfer vibration to the IEM enclosure, my worries were in vain. If the BCD driver in the IEM enclosure is left on a flat table and music is played where mid bass/mids are present, it easily moves across the table due to the vibration, in the ear it feels magical, the vibration of the entire enclosure is transmitted to Auricle, similar to how headphones with tight vibration transfer to Auricle.

2. Due to the size of the BCD (11mm) to save space for other drivers I had to recess it into the case and point it towards the ear canal and thus further increase the sensitivity of vibration transmission, in Empire Ears Legend Evo the BCD is mounted on the side wall of the IEM.

3. Location of drivers inside the case.

Difficult task as there is already a BCD 11mm in the enclosure. For sub bass/bass/mid bass/mids I use Sonion 38D2XJ00 7Mi/8c and Sonion 38AJ00 7Mi/8a, the rest of the space is only enough for:

Sonion E50DT0005/D + EST Huayunxin HJS-7S

Sonion 2354 + Knowles 31736

Knowles 31736 + Knowles 31736

Knowles 31736 + EST Huayunxin HJS-7S

I’m thinking about all of these now.

1. Driver customization.
    I have figured out how to adjust the frequencies in the sub bass/bass/mid bass/mids area and can absolutely adjust them differently - that’s done.

The upper mids/treble area remains to be figured out.

Based on how well tuned models Canpur CP622b, CP74E, Oriolus Traillii Ti, ZiiGaat x Fresh Reviews Arete, JUZEAR 61T are in the upper mids/treble area, this is the tuning that is not tedious, which allows you to listen to music with a longer listening period. The task is to tune BA drivers upper mids/treble area with the same smoothness.

1. Body design and coating.
    Trying now to use a tip made of aluminum material to better fix the ear cushions and reduce vibration from BCD, Tip circumference is 5.86mm.

Lacquer coating:
Learned how to apply lacquer evenly on the faceplate as well as the body.

Now practicing applying pigment.
Looking for a real red pigment color,
All the pigments that came to me red color turned out to be crimson or orange …
It is difficult in Russia to find a good pigment of bright red color, but still in search, as well as will use a variety of glitter glitters, wave effects to create, well, it all needs more time and practice.
In the future, do not want to make the front panel and insert your logo there, just will be the front panel without a logo, I think it is more aesthetic looks.

It’s all a lot of work, designing the case, printing, selecting and customizing drivers, assembling, coating. Of course it’s not easy, but you can learn everything if you want to).

17 Likes

Brilliant move :ok_hand:
The side mount on EE and backplate on Unique Melody destroys the effect.
Canpur is only sey that does it and it’s in same spot you put yours :notes:

7 Likes

Thank you!
I will keep you posted on my results.
The work is 90% done, the hard part is over).

7 Likes

Park him infront of favorite cartoon
Strap him into seat
Give him his favorite drink
Chaos calmed…

19 Likes

Edited for me and my lady trimming my barnet…

:smile:

4 Likes