Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Aye…For a country steeped in gun culture, how come they can’t shoot straight but the “secret Service Snipers” can :man_shrugging: :smile:

3 Likes

Possible that the shooter used a .22 (or .223, .556 or similar diameter round) and wind came into play. Secret Service may have used something larger than an intermediate cartridge, like a 6.8 or 7.62. Remember that ballistics is always actually artillery, and no matter how fast it goes, drop and drift come into play. Supposedly there were gusts up to 10 mph there that day, and over 400 ft that can make all of the difference. Also, precision shooting is like body building; just being able to ‘drop it in the black’ on paper is not the same as dynamic shooting; the shooter may have been more of a weekend warrior than a seasoned marksman. Regardless, call it an act of God or random chance but we came VERY close to the brink yesterday, and it’s a testament to how fractured our people are between the awful coverage and messaging in major media outlets and peoples’ reactions online in the immediate aftermath.

5 Likes

I was just going to mention he was using smaller loads and the sound matches what you say.

Also belive shooter did rush his shot

5 Likes

Over here in the UK it seems that way too, but we don’t the gun :muscle: sad times :cry:

2 Likes

I grew up in New London, CT, and that map seems spot on.

2 Likes

The Cinno might be an interesting comparison to Explorer as well. Similar pinna gain but explorer ‘seems’ to put bass just slightly above the mids in comparison (Boy, have graphs become a real double edged sword). Probably giving it a different flavour. Cinno went over my head at the time of release but strongly considering pulling the trigger on it atm.

2 Likes

He definitely did rush his shot.

Absolute insanity. It’s probably going to get worse.

1 Like

I shoot a 5.56 out to 200 yards…when your not under pressure…it’s a pretty easy shot for a target the size of a human skull… with your adrenaline pumping… not so much

from experience the NATO rounds that I shoot travel at at 3200+ fps and because of their small cross section area are not affected by crosswinds as do larger calibers .460 Weatherby not withstanding

I’m tellin ya…that kid was one windage click on his sight away from changing history…Donald would have had a round right through his right eye

2 Likes

I have no doubts that the shooter’s ability had more to do with it than conditions, but everything contributes. We also don’t know if he was shooting the wrong grain for his twist, using say M855 vs cheap plinking .223, as you said how his adrenaline was hitting…all we know is that he didn’t do what he set out to do, and thank God for that. Absolute shame for those that did catch strays and were killed or injured, they didn’t deserve any of that.

4 Likes

Did a quick check. /pol/ is going batshit insane (even more than normal).

2 Likes

Absolutely brother…what a tragedy on so many levels…my heart bleeds for the family members who had to watch their loved one die…and anyone else who was in attendance who had to witness an act that will haunt them forever

all because a dysfunctional young adult had a misguided conviction

I’d take a close look at the parents…and I’m sure they will

8 Likes

I will try to spend time doing that comparison Monday, since I own the Cinno too.

2 Likes

I just saw this on the news today. Sad set of affair. Is it election time in US now?

1 Like

Elections are in November, but we’re in the “home stretch” as it were.

1 Like

wow forbes posting actual news on it after they deleted their conspiracy theory lol (so bad people are pulling it up on internet archive)

1 Like

Yeah, in current media climate,
CNN and MSNBC hosting guests who say America will end and trump must be stopped by any means doesn’t really make them look like good alternates.

atleast it’s not the actual host/reported implying a murder…that goes to BBC :melting_face:

5 Likes

tumblr_4a67305f2fe8a49542d095586780d298_c0e8d45f_400

• For context

CFA Andromeda was the most hyped set of earphones when Head fi was at it’s absolute apex. If you took pictures to hype a set and post, it would be on page 3 or 4 in 12 hours. It would be off the front page in 1 hour.
There were no Discords or alternate communities drawing away massive amounts of traffic like today.
The sheer amont of spam on Youtube and Facebook is hard to convey , but obvious.
The Head fi reviews of the biggest sites darling for a few years during it’s most active time is a really simple way to show it though.

• Full Disclosure:

I never reviewed or bought the Andro cuz the hype was unreal.
1_GXTHpjwkWCoKckVSIi8y-Q

• Shoved

• Down

• Your

• Throat

9 Likes

I still enjoy my og Andro’s :smile:

4 Likes

Now imagine if Hifigo was running “review” tours for the Andromeda too, that second number would be waaaay higher.

2 Likes

Yeah, not hating the set just noting how incredible the hype was…for about 2 years :grin:

Holy shit, it would be crazy. I think a lot of folks in hobby now are too young to remember how hype Head fi was and how long Andro was a darling.
That site was so super active back then.

7 Likes