Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Cool man!

Heads up though, the tuning is severely different from your target (the anti-shout), see below:

Again, the main reason why the set is great to me is the staging, the wrap around feel.

2 Likes

Penon/ISN definitely are good for zigging while everyone else zags. That H50 graph isn’t anything like any other IEM Elise has graphed!

2 Likes

I’m kinda going into 2023 with an open non slave to graph mind.

6 Likes

Had problems you mean have. Anytime you need to pair a Penon Cable so that it sounds correct sounds like BS to me!
That’s just RED NUTS!

3 Likes

That’s people just being stuck in their own echo chamber though. I wouldn’t buy that level of talk for it being more than “yes” men like HBB said. Also how people “shill” matters just as much as what they say. For example with HBB (not calling him a shill, just using that term for consistency), when he hyped the Softears Twilight and then heard the AMT set a week or two later, you could tell he felt sincerity about saying “I wish I heard the Twilight after the AMT set and I wouldn’t have gone as hard about it”. People who have the ability to reflect and tell you how it is, and even change their mind/opinion when needed, tells you a lot without saying it when it comes to listening to their opinions down the road.

The people on Penon threads have value because they are very passionate about a boutique brand that doesn’t have the same reach as others. But they do a disservice when it’s just “every product they put out is amazing and you should buy it” because likely no. You probably should not buy everything they put out.

4 Likes

Same kinda thing just happened with Kiwi Ears.
They sent me a $35 set and had to know how good it was. The advertising i see now reflects that.
When i got it I had never even heard of it and they did not mention it.

Total surprise. It killed my own collab. They had to know I was gonna think that.
I’m not mad.
If I did anything else… in 6 months I woulda looked like my ears are fucked or my collabs are infecting my recs.

I do wish the AMT had come before Twiight. :v:

10 Likes

This is why we respect you!

5 Likes

Totally fair play, Chris. I’ll look forward to the release regardless, my friend. Just enjoy the holidays and the anticipation of the little one arriving!

4 Likes

:smiley: You’re not the only one. Everytime I read that cringe cable stuff I feel like

I wish there’d be a filter that blocks out every post where the word cable appears.

Just today I did some REW measurements and thought why not measure the same IEM with the cheapest copper cable I can find and with the best cable I posses a XINHS pure silver one. And surprise they graphed exactly the same.

Let me say I don’t want to start a cable trashing topic here in this fine thread but sometimes some steam needs to be let off. :steam_locomotive:

11 Likes

100% agree , I can hear a slight difference between cables SPC and OFCC and pair a OFCC with brighter IEM and SPC with darker. But sure as shit doesn’t need a Penon brand or whatever. I buy cables as sound jewelry.
I have a few $100 cables from Hakugei only because they look dope. The $20 SPC Nicehck sounds exactly the same.

I can second that ISN are unique and interesting.

I have both the H40 & H50 (completely different tunings). H40 has a more bassy analogue fun tuning, lacking in treble. The EST50 (their TOTL) as the big brother to the H40 clears some of that up.

They have a newly released H30 which I believe is supposed to be more neutral and is priced around Starsea money but I haven’t heard it yet.

2 Likes

Are you hearing the same dimensional midrange and wrap-around stage width in the H50? It’s wild they managed that at that price.

That “effect” is holy grail for me in IEMs.

Pretty much this. My Venom cable is pricey but damn it looks nice.

3 Likes

I have the same feeling with P1+. I get that wall of sound in front of me like a live performance or how speakers project sound.

I’ve heard holographic staging on Tea for example, what the P1+ does is different.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Enhanced midbass :white_check_mark:
Slightly relaxed gain✅
Enhanced treble extension✅

Looks good to me personally.
I just hope the 8k peak is a measurement artifact.

Yes :100: - the stage, imaging & mids are the key qualities - great for the price.

1 Like

PM reminder :wink:

1 Like

I got you bro. Black friday got em busy. I’ll get that card working for you

By the weird magic of Youtube I ended up on a cover of one of my Fiance’s favorite tracks.
This guy hits the note perfect. :notes: :ok_hand:

And drop a fucking GEM on EM :gift:

6 Likes

I thought that was likely - thank you so much.

1 Like