Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

What about a troll track like Aliquot
Nah, there’s too many different notes to consider haha.
Used to be On My Level by Wiz, something like the YouTube version of Monkey Suit by Bruno Mali has strong mid bass punch and nice sub bass rolls, but…there’s no real bass guitar or anything.

Something like Kites by Submotion Orchestra at least has real instruments, a very challenging ending as well as individual mid and sub bass hits that benefit things that can resolve texture well…

But it’s gotta be something he knows will fit with his testing :smiley:
One song will be challenging, but may take down the work load and make things easier to document, IDK.

1 Like

Another one @hawaiibadboy might want to try for the basshead list.

Needs my DIY foam mod and also the micropore tape mod (taping the inner vent).

4 Likes

Yeah… like on “When the Levee Breaks”… Z1R probably more bass ‘technically’ correct but Vega is deffo bass king on that replay so :man_shrugging:…gonna be interesting for sure.

1 Like

Both of these are awesome >=D
Nearly had a nose bleed on the break down of that first one because of that mid bass kick xD

Yeah, I feel like that track is more testing technicalities though as opposed to testing a drivers ability to handle bass. Really epic track.

Gonna throw you BASSHEADS some love… ENJOY!

Obviously I rec flac files, not YouTube compressed garbage but hopefully some of these tracks might tickle that bass head of yours. Interested if you guys have favorite tracks that highlight your favorite frequencies?

@luizgarcia @Purplezorz

5 Likes

Haha, I was just trawling backwards through the Bass Gods Approved forum.
I will run these now - I feel like I’ve heard the first one and the Tool album got universal love (at least in the headphone groups I was in - literally just posted multiple times lol).

EDIT

Holy crap, Mindwar is epic! Gonna check out the whole Coexist album!
The Woods is absolute dirt haha, so sick!

1 Like

Ha ha! I believe Mindwar is Billy Sheehan. It’s pretty savage. The bass on that track is on the verge of completely falling apart into a distorted mess but it retains detail and clarity somehow.

If you know how it’s supposed to sound properly, it’s a great track to test because it will fall apart in clarity on a transducer that can’t reproduce it properly.

Excited you’re appreciating some of my favs!

1 Like

For some reason, having Don’t Start Now included in that bass list reminds me of this video a friend sent me recently:

2 Likes

Yep, definitely will try these on my home system when I get back next week.

I just remembered what The Woods reminded me of.
A combination of 16bit - FRZR9000 - YouTube and parts of Tiberian Sun Soundtrack - The Defense - but it’s a really unique track .

Thanks for the shares tonight.

Wallace (Blade Runner) and the Tool track don’t really work with my extreme basshead setup, they get ruined lol - they’re too cinematic, need my Klipsch HP-3s or home system.

Thanks for all the shares, nice to step outside my genres every now and again :smiley:

Don’t want to crowd up this forum toooo much with bass tracks but…I guess whist I’m here.

Alix Perez - Chiron

DMVU- Tha Acid Is 2 Loud

@rgdelato that cover is epic. Your friend is awesome :3

1 Like

Just to clarify, my friend only sent me the link to the video! I don’t actually know the person who’s playing.

Ahh gotcha haha, well, it’s still good - and your friend is still good for sending it to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fellow Alix/Shades/Eprom fan here, also have you ever heard any Sayer?

Third track “Human Failure”

3 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- :’)
Two One Six
:fire::fire::fire::fire::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:
Should’ve followed these guys on BC back then it seems! - I copped the album because it was just so hilarious that Alix Perez makes stuff like Crooklyn and then all of a sudden this dropped and we all had to check the artist name LMAO.

Never heard of Sayer either - absolutely dark and aggressive and nuts, love at first listen >=)
This is a good Friday evening - I’ve got a lot of listening to do!
Thanks for the shares.

1 Like

THIS is awesome. Thank you for sharing. I love the bass in this song. She killed it!!!

As for this kind of “stuff” I listen to a lot of this stuff. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I am a huge fan of horrible pop stuff like Madonna, Nsync, Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, Ariana Grande, etc. The production quality and talent on these albums is usually overflowing. Being a music producer myself, I’m usually in awe of the technicalities of these productions, not to mention they are catchy as hell. lol

2 Likes

Totally get it, but Chris got me thinking about this since he’s putting together his list of best bass sets and thought I’d throw a few of my favorites bass tracks into the mix if it is at all helpful to the cause.

So… I hope the bass head discussions can only help his future videos.

I personally thought I was a bass-head at one point since so much of my critical listening was focused on how an earphone could or could not properly portray the low end of my music, but in general I want to be able to hear everything in a mix. So my focus has expanded to the overall experience, especially since so many of these earphones have gotten so ridiculously good in the last few years. Now I enjoy individual sets for their strengths. I don’t think there is ever going to be 1 ultimate set for me.

Definitely heard this before. You are a sico basshead and there is no hope for you. lol :wink: Awesome stuff bro!

1 Like

I think I jizzed listening to Two One Six on tape modded DQ6 :grin:

3 Likes

Attaining these right now in FLAC. Great recs!!! Thank you.

1 Like

This was literally the beginning of my journey.
I used to scoff at expensive headphones at shows and shops because I used to be like “imagine paying over a grand and not being able to listen to some of your favourite songs without the headphone sounding like it was literally going to blow up”. But yes, more experienced now, and happy there are some headphones that, with the right amp and EQ, you can have your cake (basshead BS) and eat it (high quality signature) (LCD-4).

Yes :smiley:
But…it’s not actually my main listening lol, just for fun (if that makes me sound like an addict in denial then…I’m an addict in denial xD).
I usually just listen to pretty music with sub bass in it and cry when I can’t hear/feel that low end when someone has obviously poured their literal heart into otherwise beautiful music.

@11_Clouds wins this round of recommendations haha :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Not a typical song but subbass is strong with this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhEgGOEtIk

1 Like

This band “Octavision” is freaking awesome! Thanks for bringing this one to my knowledge :beers:

1 Like