Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Did you purchased those albums from Qobuz?

No, HDTracks. Qobuz isn’t available in Croatia

I love the design of the Fearless, but they Look like a Trailli choking after swallowing a tennis ball.

3 Likes

I feel that the monarch mk2 will be awesome . And i have medium size ear’s :confounded: what can i do wait for kinera nanna 3.0 !:triumph::triumph:

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy please check DM, if you get time.

1 Like

Don’t know where to post this but since HBB’s video was the one that prompted me to get the KZ ZEX, I might as well share my initial thoughts on it:

• A/B test with QKZ VK4: wtf is VK4 anymore? YEEEEEET.
  • Weight: The IEMs themselves are pretty hefty, I’d say at least as heavy as Blon BL-05(s).
  • Cable: Far superior than the normal trash KZ oem cable although still not as good as aftermarket cables. The joined end is just the left/right joined together side by side to form a flat cable, but it doesn’t tangle or kink. My cable is with a mic, and the mic built is pretty decent, no sharp edges.
  • Stock tips: besides the mid-size rounded silicon that’s already on the IEM, they’ve also included three pairs of weirdy cubic silicon tips (S/M/L) (pic. 3). Don’t use these, too soft and don’t seal well even with the L size, no good for sound quality.
  • Tip roll result: the ZEX has a pretty small acrylic nozzle, and after tip-rolling everything aside from foam tips, the ZEX definitely benefits from short nozzle wide bore tips (tested Spinfit CP145, Final E tips). I’ve settled on the L size wide bore tips that came with Mele (see pic. 4 & 5); all other small nozzle tips darken the sound making it sound tunnel-ey. The Azla SednaEarfit Crystals also work with a tad more stage. One thing to note about short nozzle wide bore tips, it enhances both bass and treble clarity, so if you’re one of those folks that can’t stand too much bass, continue tip rolling.

As for the initial sound impression, these blew my mind right out of the box. I haven’t got time to A/B with my other sub $100 IEMs, but I could already tell the ZEX can compete big time with IEMs priced between $50-$120. The electrostat (?) compensates for the missing highs that single DD IEMs lack. I used to use QKZ VK4 as a laid back IEM for work and phone calls; now the ZEX completely demolishes VK4’s purpose to exist. Every track I throw at VK4 now sounds overly veiled in comparison to the ZEX. That’s it for now.

5 Likes

I expected a NRA clone and got my library man handled by this set. Was very surprised.
That 2nd driver in treb is damn fine when tuned good and they did that with ZEX.
Glad you like em.

1 Like

From Facebook.
Guy made them himself

17 Likes

Mele blue version look similar? I might buy them a few for Christmas gifts

1 Like

Little darker actually

2 Likes

Seriously, another for the short “Nope” vids if you’re willing to throw them. :+1: I think it’s a better format than a long, ranting review that burns up your time.

As much as I think it’s good to always let the cream float to the top, sometimes it’s worth spotting the rats mucking around in the milk.

5 Likes

I think i just found our anthem :slight_smile: . And pretty catchy too.

Unreleated, but reminds me of this:

:laughing:

1 Like

They could wear:
“Free Tibet”
“Peace 4 Hong Kong”
“Fight 4 yo Rightz”
“Dictators are dated”

T-shirts to up their street cred
B4 they get erased from the net and the world :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Quick question what happen to moondrop? I’ve been gone for a month or so and came back to whatever That’s been happening
:what happened here.jpg:

???
Moondrop??

Nothing.
They wlll replace my cable.
I am fine now. I’m simple like that.
I pay___. You provide___. ( basic performance contract) Moondrop is doing their job :ok_hand:

Now…
Empire Ears??
Have heard nothing in about 3 weeks

$3000 for stuff packed in a dirty bubble wrap.
EDIT: paid full price Sept 22.
Today is 1 month anniversary :partying_face:

3 Likes

F… not okay :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

If I had paid over $3000 for an IEM and got it in bubble wrap (and dirty on top of that), I would return the IEM. And then nothing from them in over a month?!? …amateurs!

I hate bad and unintelligent customer service and buying from such companies, you start praying their QC is top-notch. (More often it is not.)

3 Likes

Aye be like picking up a new Bentley to find there’s a used Starbucks cup in the cup holder and MacDonalds wrappers in the boot/trunk like zero fucks were given :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I know it might be my autistic self kicking in but…when I unwrapped the ghetto bubble wrap, the fact that it was dirty…visibly dusty kinda infuriated me more than $3000 being in bubble wrap.

5 Likes

Yeah lol like why would they do that?