Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

Zeos has been hyping headphones and earphones more intensely and frequently lately. He always has, but it seems like especially much now.

He tried an IEM called Tri Starlight 4 .

His notes aren’t detailed, but he’s infatuated with these things. Seems at least very promising from a “fun” listening standpoint.

I’m real interested if BGGAR got his hands on these to review. Is it worth complementing in a collection alongside Clairvoyance, or is it a replacement for them? Trying to preserve my wallet here.

By both Frequency Response and configuration, the Starlight looks to basically be Tri/KBear’s version of the Shuoer EJ07, albeit with slightly-steeper treble roll-off. I’ve never seen anyone do a direct comparison, but they seem to be very similar.

He’s got mortgage to pay now… not calling him a shill, not saying his opinion is wrong, but when you have companies sending you products, supplying coupon codes for sales, and ect. you can’t just shit over everything. He needs free gear to make videos (and thus money) from, and if he doesn’t cover certain items on sale from these stores, he might not receive gear from them.

The IEMs probably are excellent, but don’t get drowned in the hype. Gotta take things with salt.

2 Likes

Hey BGGAR like have you tried any Radius iems from Japan. The hp-twf41 seems pretty nice with a bery driver in it. Just curious since there are smaller manufacturers over there.

2 Likes

And If you can try some Intime stuff as well would be nice.

Both intime and radius have iems with a DD+piezo driver setup.

2 Likes

It’s a remake of EJ07 but not quite as good. Have heard it and another variant. Confirmed with maker (not seller) of variants. Nothing wrong withthat if all parties are fine. EJ07 is still the best executed variant in my opinion.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight!

Had and sold that set…it sounded bad. Will grab again for review as I shoulda done 1st time. NHR 21 is a hard hitter. Great for Hiphop or bass . Was a set mentioned in Headfi basshead IEM thread back in the day

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have a headphone review recommendation…
What about trying out the Koss family?
like the holy budget trinity (porta-pros/Ksc75/kph30i) and koss/massdrop esp95x as an introduction to electrostats… you could then proceed to STAX

1 Like

I really like this idea. You can also try the L700, SR-007 or 009 and the Nectar Hive.

1 Like

156658017_179876803906344_9061996784271011939_n

BLON Mini…

3 Likes

Cover those in cheese and get me a fork! Mmm… tasty.

10 Likes

Jesus…

Damn, why are they just tossing designs against the wall?

Also gotta question if they use a micro-dynamic driver or a BA… don’t have high hopes for a single BA Blon.

well…this one at least looks unique. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, at least this cooked noodle shape stuck against the wall. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s hoping it’s not overcooked~

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s a micro DD

1 Like

Hope it helps

2 Likes
3 Likes