Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

He already posted it ;).

1 Like

Sure looks similar.

3 Likes

Fuck it. Fuck Fiio and their MMCX cables.

WE WANT MELE :rage:

7 Likes

The wait for the MELE is going to turn into a melee soon. :joy:

6 Likes

Never ever had a problem with MMCX just fit and forget…don’t get why folks do the plug in unplug tomfuckery with cables?..prefer them over 2 pin all day long.

2 Likes

You need to find out the magic combination of the perfect iem + cable. Synergy :crazy_face:

1 Like

Switch between balanced and single-ended can be an explanation.
Some folks don’t like the rotation on mmcx, too.

Beware the dark arts things can be deceptive…

2 Likes

Don’t be a “pointdexter” now… It’s just a graph! :joy:

5 Likes

I only own 2pin IEMs… Wanted to get the Pro cable, then I realized it’s MMCX. RIP.

Oh and to me it’s the oposite. 2pin all the way

This thread =

8 Likes

Wonder what the chances are of it being delayed again, when we get closer to the 20th. :joy:

I… I can wait…

giphy(1)

Edit: Silver lining - they drop on 11.11 sales? :crossed_fingers:
:wink: The beauty of it is that they start at what feels like a sale price. One reason it took me a while to know the Mele existed was I thought Chris was posting photos of the EJ07m with a different faceplate, or something similar. Awesome shells.

How after materials, design, manufacturing, packaging, etc. they can be this price is mind-blowing. Shenzhen miracle.

Still waiting for my FD3 to be delivered today, but if it is basically a FD5 then excellent. I like the looks of the FD3 more then the FD5 and I saved the cost difference as well. I had the FD5 on my list of single DD IEMS for the collection, under the find it used for a good price category.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I’m sick and tired of these graphs! Down with science. There’s no way that can tell me what something sounds like. It’s a bunch of lines!!!

YEAH!

6 Likes

Its true graphs done tell you everything but they do provide a lot of information

1 Like

Statistics and graphs can just be made to tell anything you want… 85% of people know that.

1 Like

Depends on type of graph.The graphs of the iems done correctly give one an idea of sound if you had enough experience to interpret them.

By definition of their axes, they can only say how much of different frequencies is present.

You can make some educated guesses like “that much treble in that area will sound airy” or “male vocals will be too warm with that spike”.

Things that they don’t express, off the top of my head: timbre, soundstage, driver speed, cohesiveness, imaging, detail (beyond faux-detail using treble spikes), masking, separation

For sure they can tell us exactly what we need to know in this case – an IEM from the same manufacturer, using the same technology, kicking out almost the same frequencies – it’s going to sound almost identical because there are so many controlled factors among the ones we usually can’t tell just from a graph.

2 Likes