Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

I have another set coming to confirm what is up. Solid company with best rep in the hobby so we will figure it out and address . :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

What does that mean? Like will Penon stock it, or send you a review sample?
I wonder if they are more responsive to loaners - you can send them back afterwards? Because I’d love for you to review them! A couple folks on Head-fi have already blind bought them.

Here’s the graph:

Looks pretty promising!

I have no relation with penon. I just buy like you do or anyone else.
I was asking because Tuesday it was not listed so I wanted to know when and if they would. I don’t know if Yanayin is a Penon brand or what?

1 Like

It’s up on Penon now. 649 USD.

I don’t think so - there is at least one more store stocking Yanyin on AliX. The company that makes Yanyin IEMs is called Research Sound Technology (translated).

1 Like

Very interested in the moonlight. I am going by recent track record. It is a range that I am looking at price wise in the next few months. It could be a great it could not be obviously. I just can not blind buy a 700 dollar Iem, it not in my nature .

2 Likes

Phew glad to know, for a sec there I somehow got excited and confused at the same time

1 Like

The Beauty and The Beast

4 Likes

Really pretty . …. ………. It expensive look nice

Why must all of you do this to me. Especially right after my purge. Really looking at blind buying the Moonlight.

1 Like

:joy: but maybe you should wait - while I trust Yanyin a lot, this is their first tribrid IEM.

1 Like

I’m hoping they just took what they had from the Canon and tweaked it a little. While adding the EST to pull some of the duties away from the BA. My only small gripe with Canon is the treble which for whatever reason isn’t really setting right with me. Still try to understand the technical reasoning or the correct terms for why though. Other than that I love the bass and mids on it.

1 Like

Another graph of Yanyin Moonlight: Yanyin Discussion thread | Page 76 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org.
@hawaiibadboy did you order one already? i hope Penon got back to you…

It’s up on Hifigo: Yanyin Moonlight 2EST + 4BA + 1DD Dynamic Driver Hybrid HiFi Music In-ear Monitor — HiFiGo

Although I know HBB isn’t the biggest fan of Hifigo haha

It is up at Penon where I assume he will buy one.

May I ask what is the gripe ? I would think the moonlight would have edt type treble. I am just curious is it hot grainy ?

It’s not aggressive at all. No sibilance. Not sure what grainy treble is?

After listening the Canon and going back and forth between the Tea 2 and Up. The best I can say, from terms I’ve seen, and hoping I’m using them correctly is that the treble is to crisp. And that things like cymbals seem to have more sizzle than I prefer. It doesn’t appear sibilant to me or in no way is fatiguing just isn’t to my preferences.

1 Like

I get ya and understand interested in it but more interested is moonlight so I was curious. I got Blessing over original tea thought tea 2 would br interesting. I am sure it’s good but something like B2 and the Dusk. Canon is interesting as is the Serial in that price range. Higher Lava, Moonlight and Variation. Up is hard to get handle on from all the reviews.

16 Likes

bought myself some mele’s… will use them to test the preference curve HBB has and what i agree with and don’t… my preference is mostly towards electronic and pop music (with a decent chunk of rap), so i might have a different preference than the focus towards male vocals and 5 string bass

1 Like