Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

I think Fatfreq is very, very tight lipped about how they do their IEMs like configuration wise and whatnot probably to avoid any potential copying since it sounds/feels like they go about their build a bit differently. HBB probably is able to talk a bit about it but even he blurred a photo when posting it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m aware, thanks.

Iā€™m asking specifically for driver diameters for the two drivers and possibly driver material and nothing about any unique solutions.

I doubt that information is enough to put their proprietary tech secrets at jeopardy, but maybe Iā€™m wrong.

Though if other brands really wanted to copy, I guess they could buy a set for themselves and open it up?

Iā€™m happy not knowing but I just thought Iā€™d ask if itā€™s no issue.

4 Likes

So, I got the opportunity to listen to the Elysian Diva 2023 (dunno how far off it is from the OG Diva but I think the bass side is the same while itā€™s more musical on mids/treble) and was playing around with the bass tuning switch.

Bumped it up to the blue/most bass and was like ā€œDamn, this sounds pretty dope, bass feels like it has damn good slam but doesnā€™t bleed over at all. I wonder how that FF x HBB Deuce will sound if itā€™s going for a similar feelā€.

+4 DB on that Sub-bass looking damn good. Getting even more hyped for that Deuce, man.

7 Likes

I caught that a few days backā€¦ kept saying to myself ā€œwho is inside that little man?ā€

1 Like

A 10mm Subwoofer and 8mm mid treb. I will go over more in my video but some proprietary stuff I will skip BASS CANNON v2 for example

13 Likes

Really good catch, this. The Diva has surprisingly good and tactile bass for an all-BA. Itā€™s veryā€¦ elastic and bouncy. Super fun.

4 Likes

Agreed, great set

3 Likes

Got HD pics from FF

22 Likes

Would the HBB X Deuce be a good all arounder? I currently enjoy the Olina (original), the Letshouer S12 and the Campfirr Holocene the most of my IEMs. I do the idea of something that does something better/different from what I have.

My listening is mostly classic rock, classical, jazz and some electronica.

2 Likes

It will do the library you mentioned as I share it aside from Jazz. It doesnā€™t have the bite of Olina OG and has a lot harder bass when the production calls for it.

2 Likes

Thanks! What would be the downside of jazz on it (if it helps, Iā€™m talking mainly Thelonious Monk, Coltrane, Weather Report, maybe some Robert Glasper)?

1 Like

I already pre-ordered my set and tbh I hope it plays metal well, but even if it does not I am still excited to hear that bass. I will be honestā€¦ I hear and read people talk about what iem is good for what type of music, but at the end of the day if you like how it sounds to you that is all that should matter.

2 Likes

Oh, I just donā€™t know because I donā€™t listen to Jazz so cannot speak on that.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take a chance!

3 Likes

congrats man - these look :fire: plus 2 DD config canā€™t wait to hear them.
FOMO is strong, and theseā€™ll be FF gateway - but Iā€™m gonna hang fire for a bit, give me some time to put aside the funds and for some trusted impressions/reviews to roll in.

3 Likes

S-a6rh

Thanks

3 Likes

Bro read better. They starts to ship on 30 august not 30 july.

2 Likes
9 Likes

I really dig it !

1 Like

Why you gotta be rude?

1 Like