Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

My rec would be the Sony EX800st but you need to block (tape) the vents and optionally use PEQ to fix the upper-mids/treble on it.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely keep that for myself but sheā€™s a newbie so thatā€™s too much work for her lmao

those things look sick btw, Iā€™m hella gonna buy that next after but only after I get Deuce lol, I gotta slow down lol

1 Like

Right then you want something plug and play instead. If you dont want to go all in on bass, then the Legato will do it.

(Rikubuds)

2 Likes

I might throw the legato at her lol

Iā€™m getting close to rikubuds, the only iems before I buy those is either a Mest MK2 or a DUO or U4S but I feel like the Mext is pretty tops already lol

2 Likes

Legato or Explorer are both good options, I donā€™t think sheā€™d be unhappy with either.

3 Likes

Nice picture of Grand Canion

1 Like

yep settled with either of the two gonna send an image and see which ones she likes, thanks for the recs

on a sidenote, do you know anything about the quartet? I considered that one too but im biased because HBBā€™s kiwi ears Cadenza is the single best rec Iā€™ve received in the hobby

Quarter rumbles pretty well. They do sound pretty warm and it affects the vocals quite a bit.

1 Like

Yanyin Carmen unbox and frequency response graph / squig from Yanyin who apparently has a squigā€¦

14 Likes

The shells are pretty, but the price tag and graph donā€™t appeal to me.

EDIT: Iā€™ll grant that itā€™s a unique graph, and until I heard it I canā€™t say itā€™s ā€œbadā€. Certain things about it usually donā€™t work for my ears, usually.

6 Likes

The graph somewhat reminds me of Kinera Verdandi

3 Likes

Yeah a few brands have decided to open up their own squig links over the last year.

On another note, HBB discord gone?

2 Likes

Iā€™m rarely thereā€¦nobody is but itā€™s not dead yet.

i totally see itā€¦2 in back right are the grimy filthy shermed out street ni**az.

Dead Prez vibesā€¦pigeon version

3 Likes

:star::gem::chains:ā€¦

12 Likes

Wish Sony kicked ass in headphones and earphones still.
The TV branch has had me for about 15 years straight

14 Likes

We have a wee one on the barge with a Sonos suround :smile:ā€¦

7 Likes

Sony has strong brand loyalty from me. It was an easy choice and it looked the best in showroom by far.
Bravia is dope. Team Sony :100:

10 Likes

Agreed, I am team Sony as well since my parents had one growing up. The only problem they have, if I could name one, is that when you want to upgrade (in my case from an HD to UHD version) they are so well built that they take forever to die. Again, a good and ā€œbadā€ thingā€¦ :laughing:

4 Likes

You just canā€™t beat Sony in skin tones specially and thereā€™s no doubt. The Bravia engine does some kind of f**ery that other can compete with.

3 Likes

Had an old Trinatron CRT which was fantastic and lasted for ages.
Not so impressed with their new flat screen stuff though.
Sony picture quality is great but their UI and software ??!!
They bricked my hard disc recorder twice with software updates and the only solution was a full factory reset that wiped all your saved programsā€¦now a Panasonic fanā€¦picture not quite Sony but UI and stability is way better.
Love Sony (have a Walkman and PS4 etc.)

1 Like