Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

Yes.
The set I put in my video is the one being mass built. The one handed to crin is a proto from a previous version. looks like a variant of 3

Their are a ton of variants so…it happens.

I apologized to crin. FF has to actually do that :laughing:

7 Likes

I’ll keep it real and say I’m a smidge disappointed about the bass shelf, I was really hoping the sub bass was going to be around that 75 dB mark at the very least, maybe even more - but, that’s just me graph sniffing.

I bet it sounds sick in ear and I know a bunch of dudes in my tour crew are getting a pair so I’ll be patient and wait for a listen - this release will kill, it Chris, congrats :ok_hand::muscle::muscle:

6 Likes

Thanks for the update!

So, Crin version/prior Deuce was a sample and not the true final tuning and the real one will have that treble extension? Without that 75db?

1 Like

It uses a 3 cap bandpass and their tech is legit. This is harder hitting than the original Maestro series.
Getting the bass particularly midbass was the goal because playing bass guitar and drums accurate and not sliming vocals was the goal and with assist from musician customers we hit that.
They already have Scarlet and monster bass.
This was for my library and only DD and affordable.
But i hear ya.

8 Likes

Full final tuning?

7 Likes

Yes, that is the final tuning.

14 Likes

Got it! Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, would have liked that treble extension with that 75db sub-bass shelf, like @domq422 kind of mentioned but knowing that Fatfreq are the bass whisperers and reading what you wrote, and knowing that the graph won’t tell the full story, I’m sitting pretty well.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be a nice satisfying end result given the tech of Fatfreq etc. but it’s not a complete bullseye as the final tuning is missing ~5dB at 20Hz compared to the intended target in yellow

I’m excited nonetheless.

1 Like

Damn, spot on bass shelf for my target pretty much huh.

5 Likes

or nvm this is the retail tuning:

Probably more accurate to my target as the sub bass on my graphs are a bit higher than on other squigs.

2 Likes

It’s probably actually dead on your target
711 variations…more flavors than 31 ice cream :melting_face:

4 Likes

Yeah it is, my coupler is like me and likes to add more sub-bass into the graphs. :joy:

4 Likes

I know its a long way until release, but any idea when you will be reviewing the deuce?

3 Likes

Always wait for a retail version to do a review so need that from Fatfreq.
I’d like to go soon but it will be a week before I get a set from production line.
I can’t review a final prototype which is all i have now.

Welcome to Hifiguides btw :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

I totally 100% respect the choices you and FF made to create the collab, brother. I know for a fact that if you weren’t happy with the final product, you wouldn’t push it to the market, especially after all the tweaking over the last year.

I have trust!

Plus, graphs can’t be 100% trusted, but we all know that. If the bass has thump and texture, I’ll take that over more amplitude any day of the week.

9 Likes

Yeah, The musician input is basically what pulled me over the line to blind buy. That and partially your library. Mine is very punkrock, hardrock & glamrock heavy with 90% of it pre-2000’s. I’m expecting the deuce to put some extra hair on those tracks.

3 Likes

Chris i may have missed it in the thread but is there an official release date, purchased on July 29th, just curious

Makes sense, looking forward to your review. I pre-ordered between 150 and 500, can’t wait!

I’ve been lurking here for sometime, decided to create an account today and join the conversation.

I play electric guitar and bass (hence, bedroom player) and listen to a lot of instrumental music, besides the subbass, I’m mostly curious about the soundstage.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum brother🤙

3 Likes

I much much prefer the treble on the actual sample in blue. I can’t listen to typical 1DD treble with the ~11k dip. I had crossed off Deuce abut now it’s back on my wish list!

Spotted this Japanese restaurant in San Jose CA. Great name!!!

6 Likes