Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

@hawaiibadboy

Oh sweet baby Jesus make it number 3

2 Likes

No…it’s number 7 which is not on the tool :smile:

10 Likes

9 Likes

In the meantime, Crin did a great intro to Fatfreq.
They are in same building.
As DEUCE got adjusted they had Drummers, Bassist, and singers all listen and they liked it alot . Some loved it. I got lucky to get feedback from live performing musicians who they make monitors for. Then Can jam came with live demo’s and purchases. A lot of live buyers.

• Factory
  • Reviewer x10-20
  • Customer

OR

• Musicians
  • Sit down Demo’s
  • Customer/reviewer

I think the roll out pattern of DEUCE was the way. I can see why Crin and Giz used Canjams before.

8 Likes

200 dollars for that shell could be a winner. Excited to hear it.

4 Likes

CanJams are both great for consumers (going there on Saturday/Sunday and I’ve picked up gear there before because I got got last year) and great for getting word of mouth out.

3 Likes

Yeah, I really could see the benefit this time. I’m a believer.
Feedback is another level of QA that can’t be done by sending to reviewers who are talking about finished products. Any critique cannot be addressed

Blurred cuz Fatfreq does bass in a unique way. It’s not a tubed DD…it’s a savage slam and they got that stuff down

5 Likes

HYPED
LETSGOOO :fire: :fire::fire:

My first Fat Freq :face_holding_back_tears: (that I bought)

12 Likes

Waiting on my invoice🤙

5 Likes

animated-karate-master-bowing-csz4bkb1m6pmcxjh

5 Likes

I am also waiting for the invoice. Pretty freaking excited

3 Likes

My finger is hovering above the button to purchase. But, will I like this set for classic rock (Zeppelin, Rush, Sabbath), grunge (Nirvana), and EDM/old school Synth wave (Tangerine Dream, New Order, Brian Eno)? Will I be happy with the bass balance?

I am a musician (guitar, keys, bass). I will be using the set for enjoyment not monitoring per se.

2 Likes

Oh man I gotta ask… Don’t know if you can answer this or not but will they require significant power to drive? Still relatively new to iem and dacs etc.

2 Likes

Was built for Bass centric/ Rock libraries. The 7 versions were based on drummer and bassist input at Fatfreq office and is properly replaying those 2 pindown standard rock instruments. My ears are fine but non affiliated musician input was a nice bonus of Fatfreq catering to that crowd.
So yes. It does that.

EDIT: Just saw you are a Bassist, your peers approved it. You can ask Fatfreq if you like. It was loved by stage musicians who play that instrument

8 Likes

@vsg listened at a canjam off of? I used a Cayin N30 LP and an adi 2 dac for a majority of listens.
Not yet sure how it runs off an apple dongle etc but will try before my vid.

3 Likes

I’ll look into the ones you have and compare. I have the xDuoo Link2 Bal Max. Thanks for the information sir!!

1 Like

Chris, I know this is a big ask, and seeing that I’m 100% guaranteed getting Jay’s Collab cause that’s my boy, what you say won’t sway me which way or kill Jay’s hype whatsoever but I am super duper curious;

Is the final version going to have a mid-bass tuck as aggressive as the pre-release versions have? The Duece really might be my way of having a Titan-like bass-head tuning without paying Titan money, for now, that is, so I just have to know so I can get my credit card ready… If you can’t answer, I totally understand.

7 Likes

Man I am really curious about both these collabs. It’s fun to see the excitement! I hope they are not limited releases so that I can eventually own both!

3 Likes

No, the challenge was, where is the line? For a trained/musicians ear? It ended up being right about where my midbass target is. So no, the earlier stages required retunes because that had to not bother fundamental instruments but also give vocals space. Where is that line? With help from musicians input, we found it. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Well, shit.

Now I’m back on the hype train. I was off for a moment there, but now I boarded right back on.

I dig it, can’t wait!

11 Likes