Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

Incredible stuff. Being surrounded by all of those hypercars must be surreal. I’ve been to a few events in my day working at Lambo, so I’ve been around lots of supercars but Hypercars are pretty rare in the northeast of the US. Going down to CT/NYC you see a ton more. Boston is just a lot more conservative regarding the car scene, which is a shame.

Side note; even though Koenigsegg is my favorite car maker in the world at the moment, there is no denying the masterful craftsmanship of Horacio Pagani. The carbon Fibre work on those cars is simply mind-blowing. You have to see one in person if you haven’t… you can literally sit there for hours just looking, finding little details here and there and admiring the art.

4 Likes

I thought they were sourcing the Imps out, they made them themselves

18 Likes

Awesome lol.

Hey HBB, I remember you writing somewhere about EQing the Deuce with more subbass, there was something about limit and and not responding super well? Am I completely tripping? I couldn’t find any posts with that, so I might be tripping lol.

8am in Sinagapure, I hope someone gets an email soon about shipping so I can sleep with peace tonight (still 6pm of Sept 15th in western Canada).

2 Likes

The “BassCannon” V2 tech Fatfreq uses is legit and more impactful than Gen 1 which is everything they have made.
However, when boosting the sub bass via EQ there is a plateau. It happened to all the sets I tested (Summit fi stuff) . This is why the adapter isn’t shooting for the moon (giant boost on scale/graph) it simply doesn’t make a difference. Also gets harder to drive as you go up the scale to 50 Ohm adapters and on and on up

4 Likes

hopefully Deuce is good enough to “beat” maestro mini so all I need to worry about is getting Scarlet Mini

1 Like

I was doing some cleaning and organizing since it’s garbage day tomorrow and I came across a throwback:

You’ve come a long way, Chris. We all have.

17 Likes

I still use it , I have an addiction with OG Olina.

It got a ~12db Imbalance but I still use this set. It’s like a Mini Twilight

1 Like

I technically still have mine as well; it’s been on long-term loan to a non-audiophile friend for over a year now. He borrowed Olina, 7hz Zero and a pair of OG S12 and Olina is still his favorite of the three.

2 Likes

Wow…that is such an epic line too. Thanks for the support bro :100: :v:

4 Likes

Never been to either but both are on my bucket list :+1:

4 Likes

“my hands felt just like two balloons”

:notes: :heart: :notes:

3 Likes

The first pic looks like the changeable terminations of Cadenza 12
Speaking of…
I tried to be as patient as I can without asking further questions, but still no Cadenza Video :smiling_face_with_tear: :grin:

1 Like

I am definitely going to do a Cadenza 12 video it sounds great :+1:. The Zempire is an incredible set that gets a vid too​:notes::100:. I was busy with car installation and paperwork

5 Likes

Is it as good as the OG?
Did not want to stress :smiley: Car system is much more important! :loud_sound:

1 Like

I like it better. Less sheen in treb. I wasn’t sure why they sent me but it seems they read transcripts of my video on OG. This graphs similar but sounds a bit smoother.

4 Likes

only 12dB imbalance??

1 Like

Sounds like good to me, never tried the original but had some trusted friends who said the OG was a little to spicy.
Got the new model arriving this week, look forward to it.

Btw if you ask for Cadenza4 I bet Letshuoer will send you it, seem to not gotten much traction. The few who reviewed it including me praised it, neutral tuning with a touch of warmth. Ergonomic shell and subtle but clean design. My guess is people want more fun tuning and more fancy design, that is probably why it has less traction.

10 Likes

Thanks a lot!! :heart:
Bit smoother in the treble sounds good, hope it still has that physicality to it though and is not too smooth…i liked that every note was so well pronounced and contrasty, never heard that in any other IEM before

1 Like

Thanks , a set should arrive tomorrow or the next day. Looking forward to trying them Lots of folks said I will probably like em :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Nice 3 day weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow

12 Likes