Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

Dear HBB Deuce Backers,

Thank you all for your incredible patience and continued support. We understand the growing anticipation for the Deuce, and we want to provide a detailed update on the current status. The FATfreq x HBB Deuce is all set and ready to go — However, there’s one final component we are waiting on: the impedance adapter.

The slight delay is due to the extra time we’ve spent perfecting the adapter, ensuring it meets the same high standards as the Deuce itself. We didn’t want to settle for anything less than the best, which is why we opted for a more challenging approach, involving several design iterations. Each configuration was meticulously tested to achieve the best possible performance. Rather than choosing off-the-shelf components, we carefully selected and fine-tuned each part to ensure it perfectly complements the Deuce’s sound signature. From enhancing the frequency response to improving the bass power and tone, every detail was scrutinized. To further elevate the performance, we used pure silver wires for the internal circuitry, ensuring superior conductivity and uncompromised sound quality for a refined, immersive listening experience.

We’ve attached photos below to give you a glimpse into the different iterations of the impedance adapter, along with final product images of both the 3.5mm and 4.4mm versions.

We are currently completing the production of impedance adapters, with the new shipping date set for September 30th. This will be the last delay notice we are expecting, as everything else is fully on track. We sincerely appreciate your understanding as we take these final steps to ensure the highest quality, and we are confident the result will be well worth the wait.

Thank you again for your support. We look forward to delivering the FATfreq x HBB Deuce to you soon!

Best regards,

The FATfreq Team

I got this from Fatfreqm not sure if it is same as what they sent from email but I’ll post it.

9 Likes

As someone who’s going 3.5mm, it’s a shame that the 3.5mm adapter looks so much less cool.

In the end it’s a functional thing though, and smaller could be better for daily carry.

VS

Weird that everything’s being held up over… what sounds like a tuning bandaid? Developing an adapter from scratch and shipping it separately would’ve been my preference if the IEMs have been ready to go and sound proper with their intended tuning.

I’m skeptical that “everything else is ready, we’re just working on the impedance adapter” if like I said, I know my case hasn’t been engraved yet. So that isn’t ready to go, it’s not just the adapters.

None of these are big gripes for me, just making sure that’s stated as reading this online you could apply a voice/tone anywhere between “That’s odd but ok” to “I’m fully outraged”.
I’m at the “that’s odd but ok” end of the spectrum.

7 Likes

yep can confirm same

4 Likes

Y’all just gonna have to be patient. When HBB brought the Maestro series to the forefront, FF got backlogged for months because of demand.

I have no idea how they’ve improved their output since then, but I don’t think they’ve upgraded to the point that 4000-500+ preorders won’t stretch them thin.

Patience will be a virtue here for a lot of folks.

10 Likes

Well you don’t have to worry about them being out for delivery next Friday now…

Sorry. I originally was replying to let you know I got an email from FF - and did not see the HBB already posted it to the group.

2 Likes

Aye… Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can, Seldom found in woman, Never found in man…FACT

8 Likes

I actually dig it, like the sleek look. I’m a 4.4mm user becuase of my DAPs on hand but if I were using 3.5 I would not be disaapointed.

3 Likes

Personally I would take the second one any day of the week and twice on Sunday. But that is just me. I’m sure they are both fine.

2 Likes

I would express my opinion on FF’s delayed shipping…

but I shall refrain from posting it :zipper_mouth_face:

I’m sure some remember though

8 Likes

Sorry Goob…little alteration

How big is the nozzle on the Deuce? I’m thinking about ordering one, but having rather small ear canals anything around 6mm or more is a no go for me.

Yep, can also confirm this was what is written in the e-mail.
The delay is still fully within expectations. Like I said before, I’m cool as long as I have it in hand before the end of October.
I honestly expected that they’d be completely overwhelmed by the +4k pre-orders, but they seem to be handling things pretty well.

2 Likes

Can we expect an eventual purchase/review of the UM Maven II? Seems to be well received.

Don’t expect another UM review for awhile…not until certain parties smokim peace pipe…

1 Like

Oh brother. Do you mind me asking what happened?

I am not at liberty to discuss any information if it did exist and unaware of any such information… nor would I be disposed to discuss any such information if it did in fact exist

1 Like

All that Ambers isn’t Pearls…

2 Likes

Not from me but someone in the general IEM forum might get a set on a review tour?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a Cayin Pearl apparently

shrug

2 Likes

Hiby X Evangelion R4 DAP

7 Likes