Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (A Million views?) Part 3/4

I never knew…thanx bro…I am officially one step less ignorant

Just ordered the Origin…she’ll be my 7th Thie …that says something

5 Likes

I haven’t seen a digital jumping in a little while… I think overall the hobby is moving away from Drama. It’s gotten to a point where lots of folks can sit in their own bubbles and enjoy what they enjoy.
There are just some very special cases where it’s not just disagreeing or not vibing with a pair of IEMs, it’s much more than that deep below the surface. Dirty shit. Disingenuous shit. And some people just feel the responsibility to call it out - I think their hearts are in the right place, but maybe the approach isn’t ideal.

Regardless… how about that company Thie, huh? I love that brand. I wish I had more sets from them, but the Mona 2s have served me so well the past 2.5 years. They are still one of the best IEMs I’ve heard to date. But @Sonofholhorse makes a very valid point that I have to agree with - Them boys at Symphonium cook. I love a lot of their sets and I’m happy they’re finally making it a point to focus a little bit more on fit and comfort cause those older shells from the Crimson, Meteor and Titan don’t work too well with my ears lol

7 Likes

I firmly agree Dom…it’s a fine line though that gets even more finer the closer you get to it

4 Likes

0cd88ab1598481c9998c38eded9826b2

4 Likes

Ohhhh yeah, trust me. Too many factors now a days. that line is as fine as it gets, brother. It’s best to just avoid it all together and avoid the headaches. Easier said than done of course but, patience needs to be practiced in this space. I wonder how many people we’ve lost in these forums just due to non-sense lol

5 Likes

From a business standpoint…this is the most important criteria…at least from my perspective

I love to listen to customers…very useful data point…and it’s fun to interact

3 Likes

Bad ass movie. One of my favorites. The Coen Bros. went HARD on this flick.

6 Likes

Anton Chigurh is my favorite sociopathic antagonist of all time…Coen bros :pinched_fingers:

3 Likes

Yeah he’s up there for me as well. It’s a firm tie between Anton, The Heath Ledger’s Joker and Kevin Spacey’s character from Se7en. But Anton just has that look, that presence… he reminds me of the Undertaker from WWE. He’s a timeless character with an overwhelming ominous presence.

4 Likes

metaphor for forum fisticuffs

5 Likes

Ya got me there…seems like we have the same taste for villains

3 Likes

3497b8fc-02c8-48a3-a064-9023f0c629a2_text

Autism. :v:

5 Likes

Do we count the American Badass era or the podcast era? Or do we not do that here?

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to my Origin at night as of late to calm me down after testing sets and to help me sleep. It’s just fun, impactful. Enjoyable. I was considering selling it but now I think it’ll be a benchmark. Just such a special set. I hope you guys enjoy it.

@domq422 I’m done with drama. Just enjoy what you enjoy. It’s ok. Now that Crin and Timmy are officially a storefront. Seems more appropriate to just like what you like. The technology is growing closer and closer to neutral. It’s really like judging icecream in a way.

14 Likes

American Badass or Deadman. Podcast is just “Mean” Mark Calaway…

2 Likes

This is a really good way of putting it, given how wide and overall solid the market is.

5 Likes

I do want to win that signed Urn, though…

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I love how all throughout the movie he seems totally invincible, unstoppable and then boom… that thing happens at the end. I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen the movie, which would be nuts if anyone hasn’t btw, you’re doing your self a big disservice.

All eras. Taker is a badass and has been a badass since he first debuted imo. His American Badass era was amazing. But when he came back for Mania 20 to face Kane as the deadman was ridiculously good.

I can’t help but to see it and somehow get involved in one way or another more often than I’d like but yes, I’d rather keep the drama off to the side for the most part. I’m in my “just listen to music and enjoy the gear” era at the moment. I’m completely happy with my current stable and I’d like to keep it that way for as long as I can.

The only thing throwing a wrench in that is the DCE dongle… I’ve been seeing more and more raving reviews about it recently and for $400, it’s a hard pill to swallow that would completely derail my plans to buy a new desktop set up next year but man, it is tempting.

7 Likes

That’s :100: % me too … seriously I hardly ever listen to or read reviews these days and if I do it’s just out of curiosity rather than interest :smiley::notes::v:

4 Likes

Bro, if you’re still watching the current product, let me know because it’s been fire.

3 Likes