Bass Canons with great imageing

I am lookign for a pair of bassy iem’s great for rap and edm, which can be used for gaming as well.

I have a pair of isines i eq with a qudelix, which works great for rock and gaming, so i am trying to get something for the two other genres i listen to the most and with a lot of passive noise cancelling.

So far i end up with the sennheiser ie200 as the best option that won’t brake the bank, so which other suggestions would you guys have? Anything great i have missed or which is up and coming from the chi-fi scene maybe?

1 Like

Depends on your budget but if you can stretch $500 then I would def recommend the maestro minis

4 Likes

IKKO OH10,for sure , I love my IE200 so comfortable and definitely has bass.

Just ordered a set of Audiosense AQ4 as I tend to gravitate to bassier tamer trebble sets.

2 Likes

This^ - If that’s too much then the IKKO OH10, or Tang Zu Wu Ze Tian original ($150)

IE200 is not a bassy set by any means. It’s wet noodle bass without the tape mod. Not a good fit for hip hop and EDM - the smaller driver can’t push enough air and lacks energy.

2 Likes

The driver of the IE600 is as big as the IE200 and pushes so much air that it blew my mind with powerful sub-bass and very good mid-bass. I think both technology and FR matter. Maybe the driver is different too. But they are the same size!
If one doesn’t get it, it means they aren’t getting the right form factor or aren’t amplifying the IEM enough.
Everything else is blah blah blah… :sunglasses: :purple_heart:

IE600 has a different and much better driver with different shelling, materials, and actual resonators. So I wouldn’t say that’s a fair comparison :wink:

1 Like

Not a fair comparison. I’m just saying the size is the same. Otherwise, it is clear that IE200 is like all other IE models (they are bad), except for 600 and 900. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You are correct :+1:

1 Like

The IE200 has bass! I am a bass head and I like it?

1 Like

The guy wants a bass cannon. The IE200 even after tape mod is not a bass cannon in no way whatsoever :joy: It goes from bass less than the 7hertz Zero to Waner/Cadenza bass after the tape-mod. I personally don’t know any bassheads that would consider the IE200 or the Waner/Cadenza a “basshead” set. Look man, I’m not trying to be an ass and purposely go out of my way just to hate on this set, but some things you’ve said about the IE200 can be misleading :thinking: Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you mean :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

My gear , my sources, my library. My ears.

Your gear, your sources, your library. Your ears.

TDM

2 Likes

I never said the IE200 was a bass head IEM far from it but for those people saying it has no bass I will agree to disagree.

2 Likes

I have never heard the IE200 but based on my experience with the IE600, which I don’t consider a bass canon, I don’t see how the IE200 can be considered one based on that graph.

1 Like

That makes sense. Was just confused since you recommended it when he’s asking for a bass cannon. All is good!

2 Likes

I feel you :pray::heart:

2 Likes

What about above 500? I’m debating getting an open box MEST MK2. Should have good imaging, but will it satisfy a bass lover’s needs?

Bass lover - yes. Basshead - no.

FatFreq Maestro Mini would be better if you just want the MOST bass:

2 Likes

Debating which of those two I am :smile: I thought my Variations had great rumble in the subbas, but midbass made the rest sound so clinical and boring… Debating whether it’s better to get one IEM with big bass + details and imaging or a maestro mini + another with better details to replace my Variations.

PS: Love the image you are using

1 Like

See yeah that’s a proper basshead BASS-Fi IEM :drooling_face:

One day…

Mest is slightly sharper with a little more treble detail than the Variations, but the vocals/midrange is a no-go for me personally (too recessed). Bass wise it’s very textured and detailed, but it’s not going to have the same sub-woofer like effect of the Variations because the mid-bass is filled in. And in-terms of clarity, separation, and imaging you’re not going to get much better than the Variations (HUGE diminishing returns), so I’d just recommend grabbing the Maestro Mini.

3 Likes