Bass Gods Approved

interesting. I didn’t find there to be much bass presence. using my NHC on my Zen DAC, balanced output and both power match and true bass turned on.

Hmm, odd. It’s probably sub bass where the headphones roll off? It doesn’t really hit that hard on my crappy headphones (corsair HS 35) but on my speakers it does.

1 Like

Might not be a ton of sub-bass like most of the videos here but this is definitely decent bass and a great bass test for most speakers, not only the 1% of speakers and headphones that can do something decent under 50hz. That’s the kind of bass that can make a TV integrated speaker rattle lol.

Edit: I feel like he chose the safe route and went with “bass everyone will hear on anything” so all the bars are happy, for example. Most bass tracks here would be… silence on most systems lol.

1 Like

I tested this one, should work on most setups.

1 Like

It is there, good luck finding a headphone to produce 40Hz though.

Edit: The track sounds lacking on my K-712 Pro, my RP-HD10 handle the bass fine.

1 Like

1 Like

No idea if I found this one here or posted it here before…

1 Like

They try to wub wub…crank your set up…Z1R’s rumble for sure, Vega’s are mental…

2 Likes

That “rumble” sounds a lot like a Class D I fixed a while ago (filter cap went bad).

1 Like

Not sure why it has taken me so long to check out this entire soundtrack with my upgraded sound system. Shame on me. The whole thing is reference quality, but the synthesized bass rhythm beginning somehwere around 3:20 in this iconic track blew me away on HexV2 and my again on my Lawton-modded X00:

There’s a subtle, distant drum happening on top of that bass rhythm too if you want to check out detail-retrieval and spatial performance (how far away does it sound?). And the drum attack at the very end of the track almost sounds like gunshots.

1 Like

3:27

That was a real treat played through the DarkVoice on the DT880 600Ω with the Dekoni Choice Suede pads.

Nice! I was testing some budget amps with my DT880 600 last night when that came on in a shuffle. I hadn’t heard it in ahwile and was like “wow”. Then I kept scaling up in gear quality and it kept showing me more and more cool stuff. Fun game to play with that track is “What are they banging on?” Lots of interesting percussion in there.

Here’s some real bass.

Bass = low
WAF = non-existent

1 Like

And if you want to kill yourself in the other direction. This one starts at 20 Hz and runs up to 20,000 Hz.

Once you get to around 100 Hz, be prepared to turn the volume knob down as the sound gets higher.

I lost the ability to hear anything once it got around 14,000 Hz.

Something about energy and frequency :smiley:

1 Like

that was cool. I lost it somewhere around 15K.

Youtube loses the ability to produce sound at pretty much this too, I’d say. To be sure, try sinegen.

Edit: Also, “theoretical” is 20hz. But with sinegen at 15hz or even less (slider goes to 15, but type “10” in “hz”, press “enter”, then click “power”) and your headphones will rumble. 10 hertz, so, 10 times per second. And if you can’t hear it, you’ll feel it (if your headphones can do it).

Obviously, lower your volume on your amp before trying anything. Hearing damage is permanent.

1 Like

A calm and smooth one for a change. Old stuff that I never really heard but now I have T50RPs. :grin: :headphones:

3 Likes