Basshead IEM recs

Bravado, Polaris 2, Macbeth Ti, Oriolus Finschi, Te5B

So the FH1s is a rec for bas slamā€¦ After EQ. That driver goes more than my player lol. I will further test with crazy EQs on my desktop setup to see if there is an endpoint, but currently 10db is nothing at 60hz for it. Still clear top end too. Very good value for money imo.

Empire Ears Legend X bass is pretty decent, the best Iā€™ve heard in terms of quality and quantity in one. There are others that sound more neutral or a bit more natural, and thereā€™s probably an IEM out there with more slam too, but in my own listening experience the Legend X is the best combination of quantity/quality

Anybody here owns shozy 1.1 or 1.4? They are supposed to be really good bass iems according to bgggrā€¦

I was about to get a pair of 1.1, but also read that the treble can be quite harsh so I cancelled the order.

I have a pair coming my way but I donā€™t know if they will ever get here lol. Got them on 11.11

1 Like

Yep, I ordered them to Penon through AliExpress but ended up cancelling after one week. (Coronavirus and such)ā€¦ I am still curious thoughā€¦

They supposedly fixed the flaws of the 1.1 with the 1.4. I ordered the 1.4 through drop, I am just waiting for them to get hereā€¦

1 Like

I havenā€™t gotten to spend too much time with them, but so far Iā€™m really enjoying the it03. They remind me a lot of my purple hearts. Also they are incredibly comfortable. Honestly i thought most iems would be similar in terms of comfort because they stick in your ear and are supported by the same type of wire but these are for sure the most comfortable iem iā€™ve ever used. The cable is for sure getting replaced but otherwise really liking the it03. Still waiting on my btr5 so iā€™ve only really used them at my desk setup but these will very likely replace my blons as my everyday iem for work and running errands.

Very curious on anyones opinions on the shozy 1.4 I know bggar rates them very highly

1 Like

Yeah the fit is very nice. Balanced they are pretty great too. Once you give it a good amount of power it can really do very well.

1 Like

yeah i have a 2.5mm replacement cable coming. excited to hear them balanced

1 Like

The shouer tape I ordered actually shipped a few days ago. I might want to email the store if i were youā€¦ I hope it doesnā€™t come with a side of corona :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lol, Iā€™ll have to ask

For your peace of mind.

Alcohol, peroxide and other cleaners will neutralize the unlikely remnants of the virusā€¦

I was just kiddingā€¦ :smile:

2 Likes

I have the OH10, FA7, ZS10 Pro, and Blon 03 and of those I feel like the OH10 has the most and best sounding bass.

I know there are people that say the FA7 is a basshead IEM but I just donā€™t hear it at all. Not saying they donā€™t have good bass cuz they do itā€™s just not at the basshead level at all imo. I do think the FA7 is the overall best sounding IEM I have and since you can find them new for $250 now makes them a great buy imo.

1 Like

Just curious, any thoughts after having them for a bit?

They have very quickly replaced my blons as my portable listening device. I also have the balanced cable now and they really slap. I said earlier they remind me a lot of the purple hearts with the V-shaped signature and i would still say thatā€™s true although the bass has different quality. Less extended maybe? not great with the audiophile terms yet lol. I really like them, pretty much fits the bill for exactly what i felt like i was missing from my Blons. Interestingly enough they have made me appreciate the Blons more open sound as iā€™ve unintentionally collected mostly narrow intimate headphones/iems. I would say (with very limited IEM experience) these are excellent at their price point and i canā€™t really find a flaw in them for me personally. Other than the cable which got replaced almost immediately. Surprised they arenā€™t talked about more which I guess goes back to the original point of this thread, and the IEM space is a little crowded with the chifi boom. Really enjoying them in my daily work week thanks for the advice and rec as always :smiley:

2 Likes

Donā€™t know if they have been mentioned yet, but the Jade Audio EA3 (1dd+1ba) have a good amount of bass while still remaining clear and detailed. Definitely my bassiest iem quantity wise.

interesting, i like the fiio stuff i;ve tried and this is only 50 on amazon. I might have to pick a pair up