Best all rounder IEM under $300

I would use these IEM’s for practically everything from music, YouTube/series/movies and podcasts.

On the music side, I listen to quite a wide variety of music but my favourite leans towards the kind of house music that Nora en Pure makes. Other than that I listen to Diana krall, AC/DC, some hip hop, ed Sheeran’s acoustic stuff, sting, Phil Collins …. So seems I’m slightly all over.

It’s been a long time since I’ve bought a new iem and currently still have the shuoer tape pro. Hoping there’s something good in this price range I could try

I’m going to try a couple of IEMs so ask me again in a week, but today I’d suggest:

• Fiio JD7 - most balanced
  • Simgot EA500 - A little more resolving but maybe too bright in the upper end. This is my personal pick here
  • TinHifi P1 Max - If you want an all-around planar

If you want to go up a little bit in your budget:

• Aful Performer5 - If you want a safe all-arounder and don’t care about huge soundstage
  • Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite - If you want to dip your toes in a safe all-BA IEM to try something really different
6 Likes

Thanks I’ll go check those few out, fortunately not in a huge rush so would be interested to hear your thoughts after the IEM’s you’re checking out soon💪🏼

Unfortunately $300 is my max and probably a bit high already for me.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, nothing I’m suggesting there is over $250, so I’m sticking to your budget. Don’t worry!

3 Likes

Oh awesome then I’ll check some reviews of the aful performer 5.

Would the thieaudio hype 2 be one of the IEM’s that you’re testing out soon?

Not as of yet. I’ll be trying Raptgo Bridge, HBB Kailua, and Zero: Red (for sets that might make this discussion)

2 Likes

Check out the planar gang as well. Heyday / Timeless would be my recs

6 Likes

Maybe this:

1 Like

Shut up @nymz! Go play with your daughter!!! :kissing_heart: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nah, kidding. These are worth adding to your list to check out if you’d like

2 Likes

Ok great, the Kailua is also peaking my interest.

I’m scared to test out a new tech I don’t know but wouldn’t be off the cards, I hear they show details quite nicely

1 Like

The reason I suggested P1 Max (herewith known as Panda) is because it’s $99 which is like half the price of Heyday or Timeless. They’re good but if you’re not totally sure, Panda is a great, cheaper choice for a first planar

4 Likes

moondrop blessing series are tuned to be as transparent, flat and neutral as possible (all rounder you want) plus they have multiple drivers so no worries about treble extension unlike the cheaper iems users suggested here. if you don’t care about treble extension/ quality just get a cheaper iem and be done.
btw you mentioned some synthetic bassy genres in there and i would use something warmer and more v shaped for those.

Even if 300 is stretching it, some of the recommendations given don’t break the bank and you can easily cop 2 for 200 and have two amazing sets that don’t necessarily play any worse than one 200$ set

4 Likes

Yeah true I guess the kind of bass I’m talking about is that electronic music type bass. The oh10s just came out and I remember the oh10 being great for that type music or maybe I’m wrong.

Yeah I realise none were above, for some reason I thought the aful would be and just by the phrasing it seemed those two were above the budget but I’m pleasantly surprised it’s not.

I’ve been down the road of owning more than one IEM before and just found myself always comparing so I sold or gave away the rest that I had and by accident ended with just the tape pro which I didn’t like initially but since there’s nothing to compare it to and I guess brain burn in now I enjoy them.

My interest in trying something new is more just that I got a new job recently and want to celebrate with a new IEM :grin:

4 Likes

Congrats, dude! Now I have no experience with the Tape Pro, but I can see it looks like a bright v-shape. Having checked out Nora en Pure, is it safe to assume vocals aren’t your main focus in music? My go-to for house and techno (usually old school, 90s) is a v/w-shape if you want that club sound.

Something like the Dunu Falcon Ultra might be worth checking out. 239$ and it’s getting a lot of good reviews, is more balanced than the Tape Pro and has better extension. Could be a good one and done, if you prefer having just one set

3 Likes

You said you have letshour tape pros, just auto eq it to any iem you have in mind like the ikkos and choose the right iem according to the signature you liked the most.

+1 for Falcon Ultra if you dig a warmer take.

3 Likes

Bright? Its darker than the other side of the moon.