Best bass headphones

For a really low cost bassy headphone, the Kph30i are pretty good for only $30.
Also 1More Triple Driver for $150 have silly good bass, especially sub.
DT770 250 ohm have really good sub-bass too.

[https://youtu.be/1cqnCcrAB9w]

3 Likes

I use my TH 610 which I got open box for $340 or my Argon MKII whcih I also got for about that because they were cherry and well you canā€™t get the 2s anymore. Mine had the baffles put in custom by Ryan.

Argons have great bass, stalk the AVExchange and you can find one usually. They can be thirsty tho so they are a gear check.

You can find the TH 00s on Ebay for less too and always have them modded for removal cables.

No experience with these and had not heard of them before but Murdock says they have good deep heavy bass and I like his dry but informative reviews.

2 Likes

In march i will try these along with the other Spirit Torinoā€™s headphones. If i will remember iā€™ll post here my thought on it or create a separate thread discussing their lineup if they really blow me away.

1 Like

I think at 1500$ this might be a little above his price range lol. I say go for the TR-X00 massdrop fostex headphones. you can find them on ebay use for about 300

1 Like

These have a defect ā€¦ theyā€™re usually $450-$550 ish

So what is the best performing headphone at around a $1000 or less (new or used) in terms of bass extension, clarity, and dynamics? LCD-2? In my collection, the best thing I have is probably the Elex. But I suspect I will try to sell them after my Clearā€™s come in.

I would recommend the Campfire Cascades as a really good pick for bass canons around that price. They retail for 800 but they go for around 600 used. Theyā€™re my go-to for whenever I want to listen to EDM or any bass heavy music.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve heard some good things about the cascades. But In my case, Iā€™m not looking for extra bassā€”but rather top quality bass. Preferably open back as well.

I would look for a biodynamic like the th900/909 or the zmf auteur imo. Planar also provides some good options too

1 Like

100$ Fostex T50RP planars + 20$ Shure 840 pads.
This will give you excellent bass and sub-bass but, without sacrificing anything else.

Youā€™d need power though, so, an amp like the 100$ JDS Labs Atom or the 100$ Schiit Heresy or the 100$ Monoprice Liquid Spark.

240$ total anyways, good amp included.

1 Like

I would say the best bass UNDER $1000 would be a used pair of TH-610 with the Lawton purple heart cups and driver side tune up with some accessory house global X00 pads (these). If you find a good deal on the TH-610 then that should easily be under $1000.

1 Like

At the moment I was thinking of keeping it less than $1000. So if we could meet meet somewhere in the middle thatā€™d be great lol.

I will keep an eye out for a deal on those.

So what are good open back planar options? LCD-2? Ananda?

Ah, used you sometimes see the aut around 1.2k

The T50RPā€™s are definetly not best bass in any regard.
More like 7/10 bass phones.

The TH-610, 900 and X00 are all semi open and donā€™t isolate much is that matters. The LCD-2 might be a good option for open back bass but I have no personal experience with Audeze.

to throw a nuanceā€¦what makes the 900 or MkII or the X00 the ā€˜bestā€™? and doing the bass so well, does that influence the quality of the midā€™s and highā€™s?

I can only comment on my X00 purple hearts, but the Fostex biodynamic drivers are great for low-end, in my opinion, because they have great slam and dynamics. This means that when the bass hits, it hits hard, but when the bass is not as forward, itā€™s not overpowering. The bass is also quite clean and weā€™ll extended, so itā€™s not just mid bass quantity. And from my experience with the X00s and from what I hear from others, the mids and highs seem to still perform up to the same quality as the bass, but the quantity (overall tuning) is something you will have to judge for your self.

Sorry all, I was replying to the original posterā€¦ he wrote that on January 11th ā€“ I misread and I just thought the poor guy had asked the question yesterday and got his thread hijacked by others for two days :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes