Best Concerts You've Ever Been To?

One more I forgot about…Tori Amos’s 1992 Little Earthquakes Tour @ the London Royalty Theatre…a good one :+1:

1 Like

Too many good ones :stuck_out_tongue:

Favorites would be Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Metallica (especially the last time, when they came to Estonia and performed in Tartu, a small university town of 100000 people tops) .

Black Sabbath on their last tour was a blast in Riga. Also their warm up band Rival Sons (seen three times) is one of the best live bands these days.

Foo Fighters in Riga was really great, played for almost 3 hours. Was quite dead after that : P

Scorpions, Green Day, Rammstein, RHCP were all really great too.

e:
In Tartu, the city signs were also changed for the gig :smiley:

5 Likes

Was this the tour where Dave Grohl broke his leg on stage in Sweden?

In Riga his leg was fine :smiley: It was 2017

1 Like

Either Knocked Loose or Marilyn Manson

this wasnt a concert but it was a pre show for a esports final and oh god I wish I saw this live how they mix the artists with the holograms is just visually fun and the amount of choreography art direction even how the camera moves is insane.

1 Like

RL Grime show was crazy. High energy the whole time, people jumping and dancing for pretty much the entire show. I had to leave the crowd with like 4 songs left because I was extremely dehydrated. Super fun time though.

Troyboi concert at a venue with like 300 people. Was front row, and it was a fantastic show, lots of high energy and a good vibe from everyone there. Haven’t seen too many EDM concerts but I want to go to more.

Tame Impala was a concert I have to go see again. Tickets sold out the day they went on sale so I was really lucky I even got in. I don’t do drugs anymore but I feel like smoking weed or tripping during this show would have been such a fantastic experience. Fantastic vibes and it was an outdoor show in the Spring, highly recommend.

Childish Gambino was a recent one and the dude can belt. His singing chops have definitely got a lot better over time. I think he is a better singer than rapper now, and his live performance was really great. If you like him on album, I think his concert is really damn close.

Anderson Paak was another fantastic show. Dude is insanely talented. He drummed whilst singing for like 1/4 of the tracks and it was amazing. At the end of the show he did a tribute to Mac Miller because he had just passed away and it had me very emotional. A really special concert for me.

Chon and Between the Buried and Me was my first metal/hardcore show since high school and it didn’t disappoint. I forgot how fun it was to be in the pit, even if just for a little bit. Shit is crazy. Chon are insanely talented musicians, I would like to see them again. (Also really want to see Animals as Leaders live)

Brockhampton was probably my favorite concert I’ve been too though. Drove 5 hours to see them and it was well worth it. Got pretty close to the front and the crowd in Atlanta was crazy. Was the first tour after Ameer left, so I thought it wouldn’t be as hype, but that thankfully wasn’t the case.

Seen Kid Cudi/Logic/Travis Scott/Yes/Journey and probably some others I am forgetting. Almost all concerts I’ve been too have been fun I have not regret going. Get out there and support the artists! It’s almost always a really fun time. (Go away covid, I want my concerts back)

4 Likes

This. So much this.

2 Likes

Not really the best concert i’ve been to, but i think it is the most unusual one…

Attended a “Drive-in” concert the other day. A local band, Undergrünnen had a “release concert” for they new record " Ein revnande likegyldighet". There where about 50 seats available (Norwegian “pandemic law” allows for up to 50 people at once, but there has to be at least 1m between them). I went for the “car” option and the sound was surprisingly good. I cracked the windows just a few centimeters to allow for more of the high frequencies to “get in”, and the car sound deadening i think improved the bass as these concert speakers usually gets a bit rumbly. Was lucky to get front row, although a bit far out on the side, but all in all a very good experience considering the times we’re in…

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

4 Likes

Dude Zomboy is an awesome show. I have had the chance to see him a couple of times. I was also able to see Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) a couple of years ago and it was amazing!! He is still on tour and I highly suggest going to see him if you can. (once this whole COVID thing is over)

2 Likes

Roger Waters - The wall
Roger Waters - Us and Them
Moody Blues

1 Like

That’s so cool. I haven’t heard of anything like this in the states :frowning: . Very nice!

You have a moonroof? Could always sit on top on the edge of that :stuck_out_tongue:

no moonroof :confused: but it was a good experience… would not be easy to do in larger scale though, but it was a fun concept, and it worked out very good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw U2’s ZooTV tour when I was in High School. It was pretty amazing

I also went to the Lallapalooza with the Smashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, George Clinton and P-Funk, Flaming Lips and The Black Crowes.

That was an awesome Day.

2 Likes

I will try if I can get the cash together, would be awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tame Impala is one artist I would love to see in concert. I have been listening to his new album and it sounds amazing. Haven’t heard any of his other stuff though. I first heard of him through a performance he did on Saturday Night Live and it was pretty good.

2 Likes

It sounds amazing live, highly recommend. Great vibes there, you should go if you ever have the chance!

I dug this up, it was an amazing show. Seeing this makes me feel young again and old at the same time.

5 Likes

Ahhh here’s a couple recordings of the Flogging Molly / Dropkicks double header

I’m like five people back from the stage for most of the concert. Also the only concert I’ve gotten into a fight at lol (fuck drunk people dude).

Might not be the most impressive concert of all time, but was still quite fucking awesome.