Best Noise Cancelling Headphones For Travel?

Going on a loooooong 10h flight soon and looking for a good pair of noise cancelling headphones.
I think right now my choices are between Bose and Sony but am open to other options. Looking forward to all your recommendations. Thx.

1000xM3 and QC35 really is the ol reliable in this, the new 700 may be also, but that one mostly improve on Voice call reception I hear, may be easier on the wallet to just go with the QC 35 if you can find a good deal.

Other than that… Sadly not many good In Ear ANC yet.

the Bose are the standard everything is compared to and so far, I’ve not seen a review that says anything is as good as. close, but not as good as. also, they just released their new 700 series, so if you’re not in a hurry, and your budget can allow for them, wait for reviews to see if they’re worth getting over the QC35II’s.

1 Like

+1 Just go Bose. I wish more headphones were as comfortable as Bose and their noise canceling tech is awesome.

I can vouch for this. my buddy bought the QC35II’s when they first came out and I asked to test them. he’s an opera singer (Vancouver Opera) and I had him sing while I wore them. I heard nothing. I would pull them off, hear him bellowing…put them on…nothing. I was sold on Bose ANC then, but don’t need anything like that, so haven’t bought them.

I personally own these…

yeah…thems be the oldem ANC from Bose. :wink:

Ha ha. Just like me, oldem. :crazy_face: I still have an IPhone 6plus so I haven’t felt the need to upgrade. I still put these on my head with the noise cancelling on & no music after work and will pass out to silence. I love them.

They actually don’t sound bad for music enjoyment either.

Waiting to see what the new Bose offering has to offer that should be hitting soon.

6 Plus doesn’t qualify for the next iOS update…so you might want to buy something from those with their 8 Pluses as they flock to buy the coming releases this fall :wink:

When I meant upgrade I meant the Bose QC25. I have no plans to upgrade my Phone anytime soon. I love my headphone jack!

that’s why I said the 8 Plus…last one with a headphone jack :wink:

1 Like

I own a pair of QC 25 as well. I had the choice between the 25 and 35 when I bought them but I didn’t want the Bluetooth, Google integration and built-in battery.

My wife has the QC35ii and I don’t think there’s much of a difference in ANC and sound quality. Not that you’d be able to discriminate much of a difference on a plane, anyway.

Thanks, I’ve heard Bose is set to release their next headphone soon so I’m excited to see what they have in store.

yes, their 700’s"

EEK! Not what I expected. Hadn’t seen them yet.

how so? form factor or price?

Build. They look like they’ll snap easily!

they’re made of metal now. not plastic.

Gotta hand it to Bose. Looks like they’re not sitting on their ass. They are innovating. I’ll have to look into some reviews. Thanks again.

yes, they are very styling. B&O watch out! :wink: