Best open backs <1k FOR BASS

No love for the Nighthawks?

How about the beyer t1.3? Very enjoyable detailed low end, smooth, punchy, rumbles, a little dry, mids are good and not overshadowed by the bass. Dark sound to it. Can be found used at good prices at times.

1 Like

Really can’t go wrong with the Focal it’s such an easy recommendation. Elex or clears.

1 Like

sometimes I put thicc suede/hybrid pads on my t1.2 and pretend its a 3rd gen, as a t1.2 fanboy mayyyybe down the road :face_with_raised_eyebrow: it also appears to me that the t1 gang is transitioning to clear mg.

Aside from the t1.3 it seems to me that the nighthawks and zeus are the only (non audeze) opens with stock boosted bass, maybe I’ll get one of those for my basshead tendencies and save for the clears afterward.

1 Like

Yeah feels like im going down that road as well. . .

Need to know what that focal house sound is like with the clear mg. Also what 1K sounds like.

1 Like

I bought both the nighthawks and the teaks to test for this.

I could already compare the elex vs the nighthawks and I think they both stand at the top of their used price categories given that one is looking for a rather aggresive tuning, the elex being more balanced and the hawks more bassy.

In the future I will get OG clears and a friend of mine will get the lcd-x so I can settle this a little bit better, I already absolutely love both the elex and elegias but I think they lack some sheen on the top end, love metallic sounds and dont eq so I already have a winner in mind.