Best sound stage recordings

3 Likes
4 Likes

Niiiice!

4 Likes

I guess this has a very good soundstage. All of his stuff.

1 Like

I love soundstage. Here’s my go to playlist with my favorite headphone songs.

1 Like

What actually introduces sound stage into a recording? I’m sure you can digitally manipulate it in, but from a purely source recording standpoint is it multiple microphones one close and another farther away?

I’m a ho for that but it’s bad when its done badly in a recording and some things that sound absolutely insane in my car sound just aight when I play them on my home stereo and sometimes worse still on headphones.

I’m working on the idea that when you move your head listening to speakers the slight changes in sound add to that “stage” so it can be non existent wearing headphones.

The thought on why it works so great in the car is because, woofer, mids and tweeters are spaced apart thereby creating more of that sound stage space.

Would be interesting to discuss.

Anyway, here’s my sound stage contribution, sounds insane in a good car stereo.

2 Likes

EMMA test CD 2007, 3.track.
Technical evaluation of stage bounders. Staging and Imaging - Gary Wilton

Walks and talks from Center of sound stage to left, to far left.
Then back to left, center to right. Then to Far right.
Then all point’s after one. Far left, left, center, right far right.
Plus long distance to mic and very close to mic talks.

The best.
It will reveal everything. No hiding for reality, from any system.
One of my reference tracks.

Like that :beers: for the rec :smiley:

Sounds nice.

I’m listening to the Amber Rubarth Sessions from the 17th Ward right now through my K7XX and it’s pretty darn amazing.

https://music.amazon.com/albums/B009NP7146?ref=dm_sh_fa83-e71b-6db1-8a1c-b232a

3 Likes

One of my favourite recordings/songs ever. Maybe more so for imaging than sound stage. Hope you guys enjoy it :slightly_smiling_face: Also available on spotify/tidal.

2 Likes

ah and also this

2 Likes

adding a comment so i can come back to this, didn’t even know this thread existed woooo

ill add this

2 Likes

Please do try and keep up mate lol…It’s all about the music and we do our best here on Music Talk to share, enjoy and celebrate what got us all into this in the first place :musical_score::metal::peace_symbol:

1 Like

i know ive been so stuck in buying i forget about the reason, i need to stop and just enjoy for now, ive got a pretty good stable

1 Like

So true…I’m not too sure how long ago I started the “Listening to tonight” thread, but I was always listening while posting on here and there was no real thread dedicated to what most of us do, listen to music…at work, at the gym, in the car, on the bike, at home etc…I love the kit but music comes first :+1:

1 Like

im glad you did, i found a lot of new music thanks to that thread and others like this one, thanks for the push to get back to the reason

1 Like

Can do L and R to begin with bass later…

6 Likes

Cool track - I have not come across these guys before, thanks for the introduction.