Best sound stage recordings

Many tracks from Dead Can Dance’s Toward The Within live album, e.g. Yulunga:

2 Likes

OMG! Virtual Barber Shop with HE4XX and IFI Nano is quite scary :)))

1 Like

Try some 3D horror then :ghost:

1 Like

I like the song Dead can Dance, Song of the Stars, of the Spiritchaser album.

2 Likes

Herbie Hancock “Dedication” has some crazy soundstage. On the Cantaloupe Island track, the sound of the keyboard is to the side of your head and slightly behind you. This is with loudspeakers. I haven’t tried it with headphones.

Also, go through the Blue Note jazz catalogue and you will find soundstage all day.

2 Likes

found this youtube channel recently, it’s all covers of well known songs, but the recording quality is amazing, you really get the feel of the room

7 Likes

so the youtube channel “triple j” comes in mind

1 Like

With my headphones, the recording quality is evident. Really beautiful. But I don’t hear much soundstage until about the 3 minute mark where she starts really belting out the chorus and pulls back from her mic a little bit. Then the room becomes palpable! I’m going to have to check out that channel. Thanks

2 Likes

So, I really do not know why you get so much soundstage effect from a NES song out of all things, but this one took me by surprise

6 Likes

That is a trip! Never would have guessed it.

1 Like

I don’t have space to pull out the speakers where they should be all the time, but when I do it and play this, I melt:

David Bowie - Lazarus

4 Likes

Binaural CD, recommended by Joshua Valour.

6 Likes

Yes.
It sounded like an OK soundstage, then that violin just comes out of left (right) field. Good stuff.

1 Like

If you have some time to kill -

The Moody Blues - In Search Of The Lost Chord

1 Like

My favorite part of hifi equipment is being able to hear the room. It can really reveal the magic in a recording.

It can also ruin poorly recorded music, but that’s another thread!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m with you on that track. It’s a great choice to see how much deep bass your cans throw out too.

1 Like

Binaural… ish? :+1:

3 Likes

Really love that channel. A few of the songs are a bit over-compressed (the (otherwise great) Bad Guy cover for example), but such such beautiful recordings, arrangements and performances.
Found new talents to follow, personally (like so:)

4 Likes

Oh, it’s you!

Thank you for recommending this channel, I’m subscribed to it since. :slight_smile:
And yeah, I had listened to liar then shared Build be up buttercup here, lol.

Shared one there too:

2 Likes

3 Likes