Who are your favorite female vocalists

Too many, too different from each other to name; but starting a little left field… Diamanda Galas, for sure:

1 Like

Digging -

1 Like

Karen O is super underrated. She’s done some great solo work too. Where the wild things are ost and Hanna ost. Also a collaboration with Danger Mouse.

1 Like

Totally agree.

1 Like

Can’t stop listening to her lately

3 Likes

This is cute.

3 Likes

I love that she’s wearing a Bon Jovi shirt.

I’m constantly amazed at seeing high school kids wearing T shirts from bands from my day. Chili Peppers, Nirvana, STP, Alice in Chains, Sublime. I want to stop them and say…“Ya’ know Sonny we invented that music!”

2 Likes

Yeah, well, some people know Cardi B and Justin Bieber aren’t the greatest artists ever. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I remember people wearing Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones shirts back when I was in high School (89-93). I guess it’s the same thing- sort of a totem of the depth of ones musical knowledge.

What’s funny is when you search for good music (after listening to hundreds of artists from the 90s/2000s and newer), and then realize what you were searching for was made 30 to 40 years ago or more, lol.

Newer definitely doesn’t mean better, kids.

1 Like

They are not :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: ? But jokes aside I think good music is still out there, its just not as popular. I think Pink Floyd will one day be speaked about like we speak about Mozart today. Some shit is ageless. But here is some Floor

“A Dutch born, non Spanish speaking front woman for a Finnish symphonic metal band singing Latin American salsa in Spanish. Think about that for a second. Then, not just singing it, but killing it. Absolutely unreal.”

2 Likes

She’s a freak of nature. Nothing she can’t so with her voice. Just amazing.

Plus it’s just fun to say “Beste Zangers.”

1 Like

But also never doesn’t necessarily mean worse. With the jump in tech and production and how easy it is to self produce if you just dig beyond the surface you can find some of the most creative insanely talent filled tracks.

1 Like

Oh I agree. It’s just weird when you find excellent music after listening to hundreds of CDs and you’re like “what? this band is 30 years old and I never heard it before? Fuck!”

2 Likes

ah makes sense. Im not the type to go bacjk before my years and look for music though. I used to back in my super fuck modern music days . bu these days I tend to be more open minded and really enjoy a lot of new genres and subgenres that are weird and fun that may not fit the term “good music” for most especially audiophiles and the older side of things

2 Likes

That’s some weird lyrics lol.

yeah shes french… I think its about female empowerment or trans people in all honesty I just enjoy how it all sounds.