Best value dap to play offline content from Amazon music HD

I am looking for recommendations for a DAP that can play offline content from Amazon Music HD.
I do not have any other specification request.
Looking for the cheapest solution possible besides my phone.
Thank you in advance!

Probably the FiiO M6. I say probably but I never tried it. Amazon Music is on the whitelist of apps but you can also sideload apps turning on the Dev Options. I installed standalone version of PowerAMP on mine, which worked fine. It’s not the most powerful device though so how well the M6 would handle Amazon Music I can’t say. Wifi is only 2.4GHz may not be an issue for you. It’s also 3.5mm SE only if that bothers you at all.

No hard sell, I still have mine for sale - PM if you’re interested. If not, no worries.

Edit: link to my post on the Buy/Sell thread for some pix Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread - #2311 by saltire

1 Like

Not really as portable, but the 2021 Amazon Fire 10 HD Plays it. Headphone jack sounds quite good AND the usb output is 24/96 according to the display on my e30 dac. $150 list,but got mine on sale for $80. Probably will be again.
Edit: Also handles Spotify well, but Youtube not as fully (shows general yt and music playlists, but not my selected albums) to be expected since they are competitors.

1 Like

Think the cheapest would be a fiio dap if you’re comfortable with side loading otherwise the next step with Android support would be something in the realm of a shanglin m3x

1 Like

Yeah M3X looks like a legit option.
I already have a dongle dac. I am trying to free up some space on my phone.

Yep, I just upgraded to a M3X - it’s definitely a step up, but in price as well so is not the cheapest possible option. I use it for local flac library and streaming via 4.4mm balanced. Great bit of kit, and handles UAPP and Amazon Music apps no problem. Excellent battery life in prime mode, pretty good in full 'droid mode but as expected battery does take more of a hit with Wifi enabled for streaming.

If you have more budget I wouldn’t hesitate to rec the M3X.

LG V20 always worked great for me and they’re dirt cheap these days.

2 Likes

That’s brilliant! I never even thought of getting an old phone to use as a DAP. :man_facepalming:t2:

They have a fantastic quad dac in the v20. I’ve heard the later generations aren’t as “audiophiley” though. The bang and olufson tuning on the v20 is great though from experience.

2 Likes

Yeah astonishing how fast one can forget that Handys did have a HP jack :sweat_smile:

1 Like