Best well rounded gaming headphones

I never tried the original krakens I tried the version 2.0 but never had that issue in its sound stage… they are still pretty bad but I wouldnt say no soundstage from my experience. to me razer is just an awful brand of headphone… they do make some nice keyboards and mice but thats about it… I would sooner buy a damn turtle beach as a gaming headset or an astro than a razer

MMX300 club here!!!
Idk why they don’t get more mentions

They do get good reviews… Just maybe a smidge outside my range. Thinking about the TYGR r300 though.

I would say it’s due to that price point honestly… its pretty steep if it was cheaper I think more people would buy and recommend it cause it’s not bad…

i would also bet cause price? looking from normal gaming view and most buyers.
The “edge” you might get is pretty much nothing but you might pay 2/3 more than from a “good enough” headset. Even if foot steps would sound like angels steps, that’s a bad thing cause you would focus on sound quality and not the game.
Do they need to sound like angel steps… or just bad guy is coming? Not in my mind.

I mean i would spend thousands on good speakers or subs but in normal / casual gaming logic.
~300 is just too much. imo

1 Like

I think it really depends on whether you want to listen to music or just strictly game with it… $300 would be like the absolute maximum I would pay for a strictly for gaming set of cans considering the only “Gaming Headset” out of that margin that I can think of that is actually good is actually so far out of that price range its insane and thats the Audeze LCD-GX. The others at the same price of mmx 300 is like the hyperx orbit, audeze mobius, Steel Series arctis pro + Game Dac, and I am pretty positive Sennheiser has a headset in there somewhere in this price range same thing with Audio Technica and Corsair like 2 in this range that are pretty solid… Plus you also have like Beyers Custom Game, Custom Studio, and now Tygr 300 R all of which are really solid.

pc37x IMO just wrecks and I can’t get enough of them. And they scale as audiophile headphones. For the price, they make so many good decisions for you to me they’re a no brainer drop dead winner… unless you have an unhealthy love affair with RGB on your stuff.

The pc37x, game one, and hyperx cloud(not cloud 2) are all practically the same headphone with minor differences except clouds are closed. All suffer from the microphone catching sound from the headphone being somewhat loud. Had some issues tweaking these on several occasions. though damn good for the price and one of the best in that price bracket I still find this an issue

they are great insane value when on sale. sade form gaming though I cant seem to get into them for music sadly

1 Like

I dont see how that is the pc 37x and ghgame ones use very different drivers as they are just re tuned lower priced senn drivers while the clouds and cloud 2 are also takstar pro 80s.

1 Like

oops missworded last commend I meant senns not beyer drivers

This reminds me that Dan Clark audio sells a full setup for gaming. I think the aeon2 closed would be his best gaming offering.

I think overall the deal saves like $50. If you’re not just looking for cabs but a while setup this is not a bad way to start out life in this game

I found it hard to even tell the difference and I own both though retired in their box in the corner. While yes different drivers… they sound similar to one another outside of open vs closed and sound stage

Hyperx clouds are quite flat, which isn’t bad. I found them quite good and recommend them for basic setups as they can be had cheaply and have a decent mic. At least, they could be had historically, but looks like hyperx has expanded their line so might be harder to find

I found the pc 37x has much better treble performance less bass than clouds and better imaging overall than the clouds.

hmm, maybe over the original clouds not so much cloud 2 which I feel improved on that and Cloud Alpha becomes a bit of a different ball game. However, I would still take the pc37x over them for competitive not so much casual gaming as then I would take alpha. I will agree that I did notice a slight less bass on the pc 37x but its open back so I expected a better sound stage and imaging on it though it wasn’t too noticeable imo. Could always buy the gsp 500 though if you want that better bass

probably different games too I havent really used the original clouds too long so your probably right. I use the cloud 2s more often as thats what most people around me rock.

The newer clouds seem to have stayed pretty flat sounding but imo Alpha sounds the best as far as the clouds go… Not even going to consider the revolvers as those just sound like trash to my ears less I ended up with a special bad case. You have the newer one flight that Zeos over their reviewed and I have it myself I will say honestly its not bad even in the slightest and was shockingly pretty damn solid for a wireless headset. I don’t think you can go wrong in gaming with either headset in this case but I do feel that the pc37x, Gameone, and gsp500s are better for competitive while gsp600-670 and hyper alphas are better for immersion thanks to that better bass and a little more isolated and intimate sound.

I have a lot of friends who swear by Hyperx cloud 2s or alphas, they do sound different, for their cheap gaming headset. Few special exceptions to the Astro A40s which I will agree are very solid as well though they just feel really cheap. In the price range listed in this category though I think one would be incredibly hard pressed to find a better alternative than Steel Series arctis pro, Hyperx Orbit, or if going wireless gsp 670 and the audeze Mobius. Can probably toss THX Panda in there too if you can find it cheap since those are considered really solid and the Fidelio x2 hr. I own all of them, panda didn’t like the comfort, yet if I had to choose for just casual gaming I would definitely pick up the orbits they are really damn good especially if you go pick up the Cryo pads that the audeze mobius has since it uses the exact same pads and the cryo pads are not only colder but softer which eliminates that harder pad like feeling you get from them.

gone into t50 mods yet? one of the more fun casual gaming closed backs . I would take a look at argons t60rps or dekoni blues if you ever get the chance. also could 2s for those who use them daily are great just like any peripheral the best headphone for most people at that moment is the one they are most familiar with. not the more expensive techinically better stuff because just like any peripheral it takes a few days to adjust to how it works.