šŸ”· Beyerdynamic DT177X GO

Honestly I think the stock pads are pretty good imo

Well that makes life super easy haha thanks

Does anyone have any comparisons to the T5p.2?

Overall they will both have a warmer signature, but I think the t5p mk2 would be more detailed in the treble (a bit hotter as well). Also they donā€™t isolate as well as the 177x and use a more traditional 2 cable entry

Thanks M0N, my hero lol

1 Like

How do these compare to the other forum favorites (BT880 / 990 600ohm) for gaming? Looking at one of these for getting a better read on foot steps in games (COD right now) than my HD6xx.

If you want a closed back, they would work pretty well for gaming imo, I think they are def on par with the other beyers in terms of gaming performance (and an upgrade from the 6xx for this use case imo)

1 Like

A lot of love for these by some but theyā€™re not for me. I was going to sell my pair but if thereā€™s anyone here thatā€™s interested Iā€™d rather them go to someone in the community. US only please.

About 3 months old with give or take 120 hours on them and all original box/manuals etc. Iā€™ll include a custom balanced cable (good quality Canare and Neutrik) and a pads of Dekoni perforated sheepskin pads as well. PM me for price and details.

ā€¦as you can tell with the accessories list, I did everything I could to like them but as Iā€™ve found out, I enjoy a darker sound than the average bear.

Curious about the alternatives, did you find out what youā€™re looking to switch to instead for closed backs that would be on par with these but darker?

How do these headphones compare to the original DT1770? Are they better? Also how do they compare to the wood cupers fostex/emu/denon? These are on sale right now for 380$

IDK, maybe Iā€™ll try something along the lines of the Elegia or simply hold out for Eikons.

1 Like

The Elegias are pretty great, especially if you can grab them on sale ~$600. Nice open sounding stage for a closed with plenty of dynamics. I would also love to get some ZMFs, thoughā€¦tough to find used, or otherwise below retail.

Iā€™m happy for now. My go toā€™s turned into the LCD-2 f and I enjoy that but I do want/need closed for those late night session. Lately Iā€™ve been listening more and more to my stereo system though. Itā€™s finished or at least I keep telling myself that and during the lockdown Iā€™ve been doing a lot of music exploration. Roon has been superb for that.

Long term I maybe would want a natural upgrade from the LCD-2 but I donā€™t want a partial upgrade, it has to mean something or I simply stay where I am. Iā€™m happy here but the hobby means that you and I know thereā€™s something moā€™ better somewhere. From what Iā€™ve gathered the Eikons on the closed front would be endgame for me but itā€™s a hell of a lot easier taking a loss on a sub $400 pair of headphones if you find out theyā€™re not for you than it is to take a loss on a $1300 pair.

@MON am I in the right neighborhood track with signature here?

1 Like

I am between these and the CA Cascades- can someone who has experience with these two comment on the key differences & if the cascades are worth ~$4-500 more? Thanks.

Uh kinda I think lol, bit confused about the question lol

1 Like

So, I think the Cascades are a higher tier of headphone, but I think it depends on what you are after sound wise, the 177x is going to be more balanced/w shaped, where the cascade is a warmer v shape in sound. I think the Beyerā€™s sound wider for a closed back, but I think the Cascades might image a bit better. I think detail wise the Cascades pull through, but I actually think the build if the beyers feels more solid, but the Cascades are more portable

donā€™t want to hi-jack the thread. I will reach out for your wisdom when Iā€™m closer to pulling the trigger. or better said, when the wallet is fuller.

2 Likes

Have anyone else tried the Dekoni Suede pads with these? They sound amazing. Thereā€™s detail, thereā€™s bass, no veil, musicality is great.

Can anyone here speak to the reliability of the GO versus the Pro? I was planning on jumping on the Pro, but reading reviews of drivers dying after 6 months - 1 year have me concerned. Does the GO face similar issues with its durability?

go and pro are not the same headphone. They are different tunings and different ohms.

Pro is fine however for me it had sibilance issues and driver rattling. GO for me doesnā€™t have any issues at all and sounds more balanced and refined not as bassy or bright.

1 Like