šŸ”· Beyerdynamic DT177X GO

I donā€™t have the Pro but I can confirm that the GO does not have the sibilance / harsh treble a lot of people complained about on the Pro, and Iā€™m very sensitive to that sort of thing. The GO has been a great ā€œgeneralā€ use headphone for me and I agree itā€™s balanced and isnā€™t bassy or bright - has nice mids as well.

I just HATE the included cable.

Yeah, not a big fan of the cable. Though at least itā€™s a 4 pin mini xlr so balanced setups are feasible wish the 1990 did this. Just have hart or one of the others get you a better cable lol.

Personally, I like the 1770 quite a lot I have considered grabbing a new one as I am a fan of brighter sounding headphones though I think I am in that bit of a minority with strange tastes in that regard lol. Granted I definitely think the 177x GO is better as a -daily driver- so to speak as itā€™s very enjoyable and not fatiguing.

1 Like

So the GO doesnā€™t have any of the quality control issues of the Pro then? I donā€™t want to be purchasing something that will break in 6 months.

Some people have reported some issues. Results vary. In beyers case headphones that have issues arenā€™t super common from my experience. Choose one that suits your preference or needs.

I have not tried the Dekoni ones but I have also settled on the Brainwavz XL microsuede after having tried those and the fenestrated counterpart. I can confirm Microsuede is the way to go for me too, they soften the trebles just enough to make them pleasurable and capture the bass by sealing around the ears. They make a discernible difference.

I have found headphone burn in to make a fair impact too, more than I had imagined and it does not seem easy information to stumbled around.

At first I was tempted to send them back because I was feeling them stiff sounding with less bass than I was expecting and harsh highs and aggressive mids, but then with the suede pads and having put them through a few runs of burn-in playlists the sound materially improved in the direction I expected them to. Now they sound clearer, more relaxed and fuller.

Perhaps the fault of that was also the amp I am using, the Shiit Magni Heresy powered by a Dragonfly Red. Should I change it to have a warmer sound?

Iā€™m still deciding if there are any new pads I wanna try with these. Iā€™ve always liked Dekoniā€™s Elite Hybrid pads but Iā€™m one of the weirdos who enjoys the 177Xā€™s velour pads that come stock.

I would definitely be up for purchasing pads that could elevate the bass response thoughā€¦

Then definitively try out the suede. Anything with leather will also increase treble retention beside bass. The only pads I have found taming the trebles as the stock velours do while also retaining more bass are those, but I have sampled only the stocks, the sheepskins included, Brainwavz fenestrated and Brainwavz microsuede.

I donā€™t think the suede will decrease the highs from stock level, those stock velours let a lot out.

I may pull the trigger on the suede then. Iā€™m normally very sensitive to treble responses but Iā€™ve fortunately had no problems at all with the 177X, definitely not like its brothers the 1770 or the 770.

If theyā€™re comfortable and I can wear them for long periods of time but they also elevate the bass response a bit I may pull the trigger when I get off work today!

I bought a Hart Audio balance cable and it is very good. I use Hart Audio balanced cables for all of my cans.

2 Likes

Nice :+1:, that swap system is pretty handy

Anyone compared these to E-mu teaks?

Just ordered a Hart Audio cable for these cans, very much looking forward to receiving it!
I think Iā€™ll have to slowly transition all of my cables to Hart Audio - love their interconnect system.

1 Like

Well, the day finally came - I didnā€™t think it ever wouldā€¦
I sat on my DT177Xs. I didnā€™t ever think thereā€™d be a scenario where that could happen, but it did.
And Iā€™m pleased to announce, these cans are DURABLE. Not a scratch, bend, or crack!

6 Likes

My right channel has been going out intermittently for the past 6 months. Has anyone else had this problem? I opened it up today and it looks like the ground might have disconnected from the driver. I donā€™t know what to do about that. Any ideas?

Figured Iā€™d let you guys know cause I could barely found any info on this, but I tried the Dekoni Jerzee pads on these and I absolutely love them, way better balanced sound and much much more comfortable, they do lose on isolation even vs the stock velours but itā€™s still better than an actual open back, might have made my 660s redundantā€¦

I ordered a bunch of pads from aliexpress too, will update if I find something better but I doubt it tbh.

1 Like

Anyone knows where to get a cable for these guys that has reasonable international shipping?
I bought 2 from aliexpress and neither worked, does Hart do regular 3.5 cables? I just want a lighter less stiff 3.5 not balanced or anything fancy :disappointed:

Hart interconnect systems plug right in at the interconnect. Maybe time to get a swappable interconnect system?

Also on the pads side, the 110mm perforated leathers from AliExpress are pretty nice on them and super cheap.

Nah I want a lighter cable than stock so I can use them around the house, literally the opposite of the interconnect ones, they apparently do sell one but shipping is like 40 bucks so f that lol.

I have the 105mm perf pads, pretty good a bit too v shaped imo, soundstage gets huge tho, Iā€™m still sticking to the jerzee dekoni, but I broke out of curosity and bought hybrid, suede and velour brainwavz recently, Iā€™ll report back if I like any of them betterā€¦

Think xhins or openheart on Ali can make you a cable if you provide them with the right pinout