šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

I mean they are pretty good for the price with the a pads, but you have to like more treble then neutral and more aggressive sound

i think i am with @M0N my dt1990 arrived. For me the b pads sound muddy, intimate, aggressive and sibilant at the same time. The a pads are neutral/bright and detail aggressive beast.I dont like the b pads, i like the a pads.

1 Like

How do you feel about it with the a pads?

I like the a pads more than the b pads.

1 Like

I kinda meant compared to some of the other headphones you have owned, sorry about the vague question

I changed the A and B pads nearly immediately for the Dekoni Elite pads on my DT 1990 Pro. I wanted the highs to calm down a little over the analytical pads and have a little more controlled mid-bass, which the Elite Hybrid pads did well. I have since switch to the Elite Fenestrated pads as I wanted to have a little more open sounding headphone. So for me, pad rolling helped the headphone quite a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, I would say that the pad plays a pretty large role in controlling the driver in the 1990, so pad swapping can give nice results if you have a goal in mind

Itā€™s funny, initially I was more of a fan of the B pads. Didnā€™t like what I considered the ā€œaridā€ sound of the Aā€™s. But as time passed I switched back to the A pads and never looked back. I think they offer a more ā€œpureā€ version of what the 1990 is offering sound wise. I think the B pads alter the cans more, is I guess is what Iā€™m trying to say.

1 Like

I think i like it more than the t1.2nd. I have new headphones waiting to be tested ( amiron home , t1.2nd and akg k702). Atleast it it havent faitgue me. It sound like a planar headphone, very clean, tight bass. Similar to Sundara in sound presentation ( a little forward) and detail beast. They sound like a forward dt880, more detail and more bright.

1 Like

Mine arrived today. Instantaneous love with the B-pads. As in if I could keep one headphone it my collection it would be that. Will see how I feel when the honeymoon period ends and what the A pads sound like later on.

Donā€™t have to try and like this headphone as I had to do with my previous purchaseā€¦

1 Like

Well glad you like it, honestly very impressive headphones when you first put them on. You will have to see which pads you like more

1 Like

I had a similar experience that was immediate attachment to my DT 1990 Pro at first listen. Then the pad swapping began the very next day. Then a week later I got Dekoni Elite pads (Hybrid and fenestrated).

Let us know what you end up with and enjoy!

1 Like

Canā€™t put them down. Starting to contemplate selling off my lesser headphones.

5 Likes

Has anyone bought replacement pads? They are not available at the official parts store. I really need new pairs of pads, Iā€™ve used them so much theyā€™re all squished, specially the A pads. Alternatively, have you guys used any other pads?

No on ever bought stock replacement pads, and yes to trying other pads. You can look for my posts above as some of them go over some pad rolling.

1 Like

I believe I remember hearing you have to contact Beyerdynamic directly to order replacement pads.

However the Dekoni elite velour pads are pretty decent. Kind of a sound in between A and B pads to my ear. According to DIY audio they actually correct the frequency response and remove the peaks. They sound good to me but thereā€™s no mistaking this is still a bright leaning headphone.

On the german BD homepage they are available

I actually prefer the balanced pads and to use gradoā€™s for analytical listening.

ordered the Dekoni elite velour pads for my DT 1990s
I prefered the A Pads, but saw this at DIY Audio Heaven:

so the elite velour sits between B and A Pads soundwise for the lower part but help with the highsā€¦
49 dollars plus 25 for shipping to germanyā€¦ again, the waiting begins

4 Likes

I saw DIY audio heaven measurements too.
with that pad mod, Iā€™m stuck in between dt1990 pro vs ndh20ā€¦
similar price range open vs closedā€¦really hard to choose.
is there anyone have both headpones?