šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

Hm. I didnā€™t think the 1990 sounded similar to the 990s. I think the 990s have more treble and sibilance, where the 1990 had way more detail and was really aggressive but not that sibilant. Also had better spacial awareness imo

1 Like

Agreed, for gaming with dirac turned on with them its no contest in spatial awareness, they are the best gaming headphones Iā€™ve ever had, oh and they can be neutral enough for mastering with a pad sway oh and they can be fun etc. Etc. Etc. :smiley:

1 Like

Eh, the mastering claim I donā€™t agree with. For mixing/tracking they are pretty great, but too colored and unnatural sounding for me when it comes to mastering

Well I donā€™t do it for a living or even as a hobby, i just know with A pads its really neutral/neutral bright so I can see it being used. Good insight though, thanks :slight_smile:

I think the b pads are too muddy for my tastes, and just left on the a pads

1 Like

I mean I can respect that, but man with the A pads I can see where ppl complain about Beyer sound, with B pads I donā€™t notice it as much so I find them more enjoyable. I can daily drive B pads, I canā€™t with A pads.

@M0N
Yeah I guess either felt too treble filled either way. It felt improved but just not in the right enough way for me haha. I might try A pads but honestly I doubt I will like them either.

I mean they are pretty good for the price with the a pads, but you have to like more treble then neutral and more aggressive sound

i think i am with @M0N my dt1990 arrived. For me the b pads sound muddy, intimate, aggressive and sibilant at the same time. The a pads are neutral/bright and detail aggressive beast.I dont like the b pads, i like the a pads.

1 Like

How do you feel about it with the a pads?

I like the a pads more than the b pads.

1 Like

I kinda meant compared to some of the other headphones you have owned, sorry about the vague question

I changed the A and B pads nearly immediately for the Dekoni Elite pads on my DT 1990 Pro. I wanted the highs to calm down a little over the analytical pads and have a little more controlled mid-bass, which the Elite Hybrid pads did well. I have since switch to the Elite Fenestrated pads as I wanted to have a little more open sounding headphone. So for me, pad rolling helped the headphone quite a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, I would say that the pad plays a pretty large role in controlling the driver in the 1990, so pad swapping can give nice results if you have a goal in mind

Itā€™s funny, initially I was more of a fan of the B pads. Didnā€™t like what I considered the ā€œaridā€ sound of the Aā€™s. But as time passed I switched back to the A pads and never looked back. I think they offer a more ā€œpureā€ version of what the 1990 is offering sound wise. I think the B pads alter the cans more, is I guess is what Iā€™m trying to say.

1 Like

I think i like it more than the t1.2nd. I have new headphones waiting to be tested ( amiron home , t1.2nd and akg k702). Atleast it it havent faitgue me. It sound like a planar headphone, very clean, tight bass. Similar to Sundara in sound presentation ( a little forward) and detail beast. They sound like a forward dt880, more detail and more bright.

1 Like

Mine arrived today. Instantaneous love with the B-pads. As in if I could keep one headphone it my collection it would be that. Will see how I feel when the honeymoon period ends and what the A pads sound like later on.

Donā€™t have to try and like this headphone as I had to do with my previous purchaseā€¦

1 Like

Well glad you like it, honestly very impressive headphones when you first put them on. You will have to see which pads you like more

1 Like

I had a similar experience that was immediate attachment to my DT 1990 Pro at first listen. Then the pad swapping began the very next day. Then a week later I got Dekoni Elite pads (Hybrid and fenestrated).

Let us know what you end up with and enjoy!

1 Like

Canā€™t put them down. Starting to contemplate selling off my lesser headphones.

5 Likes