šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

Thanks for the information. I went on that website and when you checkout its around 850. Iā€™m just going to wait for the border to open and drive down and grab one. If I become impatient then Iā€™ll just grab the hd660s. Also Amazon has an amazing exchange policy and it makes it simple to purchase.

I have found my two perfect headphones.

9 Likes

Pretty sweet, glad you are liking them :+1:

1 Like

Those both have such a different sound from each other. Truly the ideal complement to each other for varying open backed headphones. Very nice.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m thinking just based off of everything Iā€™ve heard about both of those.

Just picked up a pair of the dt1990s. Also picked up a Schiit Heresy and Modi 3 to drive it, just waiting on the cables for it which come Monday. In the meantime I have been driving them from my Blue Yeti as it has a built-in amp and they sound pretty good off of it, but Iā€™m sure the Schiit stack will make them shine even more.

So far really liking the A-pads, though my ears do touch the driver portion inside. Soft enough there hasnā€™t been any discomfort. My old pair of headphones had an earpad collapse so it really rubbed my ear wrong and left a scab after long use. Especially as of late Iā€™m at my desk a LOT working, gaming, and just hanging out, so comfortable headphones were definitely top priority for me. So far these arenā€™t bad, and the clamp force isnā€™t unbearable.

Very excited to get these hooked up to the Schiit stack! I was a little unsure of the purchase but seeing the overall positive reviews from users here makes me feel like I made a good choice.

7 Likes

My DT1990 is my daily driver and a very good one; I use it for everything and I have never been dissatisfied with them. HPā€™s may come and go, but my DT1990 will always stay.

Good choice :+1:t3:

5 Likes

I put the balanced pads on my dt880 and they sound like baby dt1990. Iā€™m honestly surprised by how close they sound.

Listening to the Fight Club soundtrack right now on 1990s, and Iā€™m mad I didnā€™t get to snag more than one pair of these while NewEgg had them for $409. Iā€™ve heard this album hundreds of time, but itā€™s just mesmerizing on these headphones.

2 Likes

Update: these sound so good on the schiit stack. Much better than running through my yeti or my mobo. Love these cans

Well looks like the price dropped significantly. It went from $888.00 cdn to $680.00 cdn. So I purchased them off Amazon. Now im looking for a DAC and Amp to go with my new headphones. Does anyone have any recommendations not looking to spend a lot. The Schmitt Magni 3 is $300.00 and the topping A50 is $230.00. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

The Magni 3 is $300? Thatā€™s rough. Is the Asgard 3 $600? I would have recommended investing extra in thatā€” but not at that price.

Yeah thatā€™s pretty steep. What about a liquid spark amp? Or an archel 2.5 pro which would have free shipping to ca I think

1 Like

Thereā€™s now an authorized Cdn dealer for JDS: https://www.deskhero.ca/collections/jds-labs. Unfortunately, theyā€™re out of stock on product, including the Atom, and expecting shipment. But at $160 Cdn for the Atom might be worth emailing to see when they expect them in.

The liquid spark is only $190.00 which sounds like a good option because of the price and reviews. I like the look of the atom amp. Now Iā€™m torn which amp would be better for the 1990? Also does anyone have any DAC suggestions?

The Asgard 3 is 600 on amazon. It seems kinda steep though after just purchasing the DT 1990s. Maybe when I get my job back.

So for the sound, the liquid spark is a bit warmer and wider sounding, and would also reduce treble harshness too, so that would be my recommended paring

A solid dac would be the topping e30 or the d10, should be sweet imo

1 Like

Iā€™m going to go with the E30 and liquid spark amp. Thanks alot for the help!

2 Likes

I hate that the Elex exist. Iā€™d jump on the 1990 in a heartbeat, this way Iā€™m just lurking for used elex haha

1 Like

Has anyone a recommendation for sweat-proof Earpads with availibility in Germany?

I love the DT1990 Pro and wear that all the time when I am infront of my PC (normaly at least 3+ hours a day when working; when not even more). Now summer is coming and I live in the first apartment under the roof (4th floor) with no air conditioning, so it gets a bit sweaty in the summer. Since I would like to not flood the velour A-Pads with sweat, I thought of getting sweat-proof pads. Last year I switch for the summer to my Oppo PM-3 but since they are closed, its getting fairly hot wearing these.

I thought of the DT 1770 Pro pads. Anyone tried these on the DT1990 Pro? Or any other pads? How did they alter the sound?

Thanks for the help and input.