šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

@Falenkor Reall- helpful ideas, thanks. (I have a kee out,lol)

1 Like

I would highly recommend not doing this, it screws with the sound in other ways like impact, soundstage, and timbre. Personally would just suggest eq and avoid those filters

3 Likes

I have the DT1990 filter from him. Find it pretty much essential.

yeah, I would suggest eq and pad swap before a filter easily. Should fix the problem and potentially give more options anyway.

I have tried multiple different filters for multiple headphones from him, and every time it has been detrimental to the sound. It does fix the issue yes, at the cost of the rest of the headphone that doesnā€™t involve frequency response. Perhaps I just tried a bad filter but I would assume multiple of them from him wouldnā€™t all be bad apples

I believe you.
I find mine for the DT1990 pretty much necessary.
EQ might be more ideal if available, Iā€™m agnostic about that.

It did completely eradicate the Beyer peaks lol, so it does work as intended at least lol. If only Beyer could figure out how to do that themselves

1 Like

I donā€™t think it ruined the sound in other respects either. Solderdudeā€™s recommendation of pad swap and filter for this headphone seems pretty much right to me.

Implementing an additional method to drain out the treble? That would be a smart move on beyer considering how good they tend to sound honestly. I would definitely pick it up as an accessory

I mean just in the tuning aspect, make it so the peaks didnā€™t cause issues in the first place

It seems with the Tygr and MMCX (?) gaming headsets thatā€™s largely not an issue so maybe what tuning ideas will be moving up to their higher tier stack

I mean personally I have no issues with any of their current lineup, Iā€™m not bothered by the beyer signature and treble peaks at all if you have the proper amp (very important). I just know that some are. The tygr and mmx are def outliers in terms of beyer treble though

Iā€™ve been trying to find the right amp for my T1s to deal with the sharpness. The micro idsd blacklabel gets me almost there. But it needs a bit more.

Yeah generally my preference for the t1.2 is a tube for sure

Enjoying the 880/770 600 ohms on the HA75 (hybrid), and almost as much on the iHA-6. Not sure how the treble peaks compare to the 1990 or T1, though.

I think i know what helps

I mean, yeah you could do that lol. Not sure if it would destroy the sound though

I will try just waiting for my iec711 i want to measure it with and without these are the pads used by the tygr also

You mean the foam piece? they are indeed which is what I think actually gives it that very warm presence to itā€¦ Let me know how it works out for you though as that makes me very curious

Yes its just the foam piece looks very nice its like a fabric they use these days for sports wear it a bit thicker padded in the middle

Beyer them self said

Even the sound is optimized for an ultimate wearing comfort. The integrated acoustic-fleece prevents fatigue due to sharp heights, since it levels the high frequencies without any loss of detail

The open-back design and innovative acoustic-fleece emphasize the spatial sound environment. The result is a perfectly balanced sound