šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

the main 3 types of music I really like are:
hardcore metal stuff, stuff with alot of bass be it pop or such, and more calm alt/indie/pop rock

I think it comes down to if you value something a bit more exciting vs something a bit more refined but not as immediately exciting.

Another question is how loud do you listen?

I mean I can appreciate both, but the 1990 is cheaper and I can buy it from a local retailer
hmmmmmm

How loud :thinking:

I like it loud to the point where its enjoyable/exciting/engaging but I dont like it dumb loud just for the sake of loud, I wanna understand the music as well besides hearing it

As in do you listen at higher volumes, more reference level, or something a bit more normal and casual. Also did you ever pick the more budget headphone like the 58x,k371,etc??

If you like to listen pretty loud, I donā€™t think I would recommend the xx or the elex as much (but I mean pretty loud lol)

I will buy the K371/K361 next month then after that Imma get a 58X or save up for the 1990/Elex

I wish there was a way I could tell you exactly how loud I listen :thinking:

woah there bud. dont plan ahead too far. there. I would reccomend you take this hobby a little slower and asses first what you like and dont like as you step up in tiers of gear doing so will really allow you to find what you are looking for because maybe the elex or 1990 might not be for you and could be something else.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: I mean what else is there in that price range

I will try to learn as much as possible until I have the money for a Elex/1990

The way to learn is to experience good sound. I think getting a 58x or something would be very beneficial to figuring out which next step to take

Also jumping levels isnā€™t as fun and itā€™s good to start from the bottom and work your way up

1 Like

Ye I also thought that with the 58X

Iā€™m surprised I forgot to mention this lol

1 Like

best way to do it IMO. new headphones come out all the time and the market shifts. best way to do it is in my opinion acquire or try headphones as you go up the ladder think about what is lacking or what you want less of. that way your not dropping a shit tonn of cash on a headphone thats just not for you.

Alright thanks alot! :slight_smile:

How do these headphones compare to the Elex? Ive heard so much about these headphones and i would love to try them. right now someone is willing to sell them to me for 360$ new. im thinking seriously about buying them.

I did a smaller comparison above I think

wow it sound like the Elex kills the DT1990. according to your comparison. But the DT is like 200$ cheaper than the Elex too. but damnā€¦

I just think itā€™s made for a different use case. I donā€™t think the elex ā€œkillsā€ the 1990, but I do think itā€™s above the 1990 imo. But again different sound signature different use cases and preference. I would rather take the elex for music listening and mastering, but I would rather take the 1990 for gaming or for mixing. Also if I wanted a more aggressive sound the 1990 would be for me

Really comes down to preference

3 Likes

Preference is key! I was not a fan of the dt1990. Imo the Dt1990 is the gin liquor of the headphones world and Iā€™m more of a whiskey guy. Haha

3 Likes

A review from a buyer of the dt1990 pro ā€œspecial editionā€ (just regular EDT 990 silver pads).

"This review is specifically for this product listing (6aveā€™s so-called ā€œspecial editionā€), and not the headphones themselves.

Despite being sold as new, the packaging I received had clearly been opened. The factory seal was broken and one of the included cables had been removed from its packaging.

Further disappointing: the gray pads that 6ave has bundled in with this product are the EDT 990 V pads, which are for the 770/880/990 models. They physically fit, but they sound horrendous on the DT1990.

So unless you already own a pair of DT 770/880/990s that need new pads and donā€™t mind if your ā€œnewā€ DT1990s are possibly used or refurbished, Iā€™d stay away from this product listing."

Yeah Iā€™m not surprised, I donā€™t think that would be very good