đŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT1990

Wonder how much variation goes on with the dt1990? People cant seem to figure this one out. opinions differ drastically. I’m waiting on my verite and i may sell my hd800s depending on how much i like the verite. I may pick up something like the dt1900 just for gaming. I tried the dt1900 before, didnt like it a lot, but didnt focus primarily on gaming. I also didnt use it on a tube.

They all sound fairly similar tbh. The review above was mainly because it was a sketch seller

If you have an 800s those are pretty fun for gaming so I kinda fail to see why you would buy a 1990, especially if you didn’t enjoy them before

Do you now have a tube?
So you would keep the 800s only if you don’t like the VeritĂ©?

1 Like

I dont see the point in keeping a hd800s around just for gaming. if they dont get much use after the verite comes i may find a headphone to fit that gaming role thats cheaper. Thought maybe id give the 1990 a revisit for gaming if there were variations.

this is good and I own a 1990 :laughing:

2 Likes

Fair enough, the 1990 is still pretty solid for gaming

Don’t believe in much Variation with the 1990
Though they come with 2 different pads
I prefer the analytical
Most review the pre-mounted “balanced” pads

3 Likes

Gin isn’t very good, imo.

But, a Bombay Sapphire Martini, extra dirty
 :yum:

1 Like

I also prefer the analytical pads as well

1 Like

yeah i have a darkvoice with some tung sol tubes. pretty enjoyable with my hd650 and hd800s. I really like the hd800s for gaming but if i enjoy the verite then i see no point in using the hd800s strictly for gaming. but maybe i will if i cant find something close to the performance it brings to gaming.

1 Like

I prefer Pernot or vodka
 though very rare
if so a good bavarian beer or a Lugana ( italian white)

1 Like

some love the Verité for gaming

1 Like

I personally prefer the verite to the 800s so I am curious to see what he thinks

2 Likes

I hardly ever drink. An occasional Scotch is good for me. And even less frequently the above mentioned Martini.

Not into hard stuff and I am on a diet now so no beer

2 Likes

well ill wait to make any decisions until the verite comes. If it works for gaming too, then thats a plus and ill pick up a nice closed back. Just hate seeing headphones sitting around without some love.
I just keep hearing how good the dt1990s are for gaming and i think to myself, maybe i missed somethings.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I think it’s fairly solid for gaming, pretty nice

1 Like

thats good to hear. Thanks for the info! So many reviews, so many different opinions.

For me as a German citizen it is actually a concern to promote German products, but for me the DT1990 is a pain in the buttocks, it is very tight and uncomfortable, in my eyes tonally too bright, the heights are much too demanding ( painful in other words), not usable for a longer period of time and frankly not even partially audiophile, and too expensive.
For gaming in this price range there are significantly cheaper headphones from the same manufacturer, which either have a similar burden when it comes to the use of musical audio: the DT990, or the more audiophile version, which is equally suitable for gaming; the DT880.

PS.: Pleassee, keep the HD800S’es they are not that bad, am I the only one who loves them :woozy_face: :sob:

3 Likes

I much prefer the 880 to the 990 even for gaming, the 600 ohm will never leave my collection lol

1 Like