šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ī©

Also, Iā€™ve been listening to the Asgard today as I donā€™t yet have a balanced cable to play a borrowed set of Audeze on my Liquid Plat. Every time I go back to the Asgard I think ā€œDamn, this is such a good amp for $200.ā€

2 Likes

@WaveTheory And Iā€™m already full of cake (and my homemade reubens with sister and daughter.) VERY tempting. and thanks for the birthday wishes. Iā€™ve been around a long time; have sung, played, conducted and listened to a LOT of music, but I have never enjoyed listening as much as I do now. All this technology and refinement of equipment, streaming at the touch of a keyboard and Amazing level of detail, richness and overall quality is absolutely wonderful to me, who started out with monaural 78ā€™s!!

1 Like

Cool. I can appreciate what you say. Iā€™ve always loved music and audio. It got even crazier when I first got a Tidal subscription. Then the music I could listen to was no longer constrained by what my album/file-buying budget could allow. I went even deeper into audiophilia. No regrets.

3 Likes

Wait till you listen to Tidal through Roonā€¦

1 Like

ā€œand thatā€™s about the time she walked away from me!ā€

I did an in-depth comparison of the DT880-600 and the T1.2 here. Enjoy.

6 Likes

Nice write-up! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Good stuff. You made me love my 880ā€™s even more now lmao. Thanks for nipping my curiosity quite nicely, you saved me from some buyers remorse :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I appreciate the words, but also thereā€™s no substitute for your own ears.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the thing about not having the option of ever getting to demo stuff. I just try to work with whatā€™s said and what I know fro my own experiences. I am bad with this audiophile descriptions on how something sounds but I can grasp what you said about the 880 and it feels inline with my own experience. To that effect I feel Iā€™d be somewhat disappointed. Maybe if I didnā€™t have the 880s but who knows?

1 Like

I hear you on that. I also have to buy sight unseen. Some big disappointments, but the 880ā€™s are not one of them. :grin:

2 Likes

A downside to my DT880/600 - Asgard 3 combo: Some recordings simply are better than others. Iā€™ve been able to hear the difference before, but now the difference is in greater relief. I am becoming pickier. And thereā€™s no way to predict which will be good or bad: listening on Tidal to different versions of, say the same Bach cantata, I find meaningful differences in recording quality, but information like record labels or orchestras donā€™t predict the sound.

3 Likes

That can happen sometimes lol, more information is both a good and bad thing to have

2 Likes

@dcofficehack I find the same thing is true with my Sundaras.
I am fussier about timbre, proper balance between instruments, and especially hall resonance. Good problem to haveā€¦most of the time! :wink:

3 Likes

Guys, I know this thread seems to be inactive at the moment but, any suggestions for a possible new ear pad replacement for the DT880 Pros? because the stock pads of mine in terms of its comfort are losing and itā€™s getting a bit hard to be placed on my ears.

Either just buy stock or go grab Dekoni Elite velours as they are thicker

1 Like

I would buy the Dekoni Elites if they are available here in the first place, at least my country sells Brainwavz here but I am afraid it might alter the sounds of my DT880 if I bought a Brainwavz ear pads.

if you dont wanna aler the sound stock is your best bet

So Iā€™ve been going back and forth between my dt 880/990s 600 ohm for the past month powered by a mag 3+ and they are both absolutely phenomenal. For gaming, I find myself using the 990s more because of the noticably wider soundstage over the 88s and the laser sharp imaging. The detail reproduction is amazing on the 880s and I donā€™t really find the bass all that lacking when I play songs that I know have low end throughout.

Looking at whether itā€™ll be worth it to save up for a lyr or go right ahead for the asgard. Is it a big enough of an improvement for these cans?

I love the stock pads on the DT 880ā€™s theyā€™re so comfy, are there any velours as comfy as the stock pads or any other pads as comfy as these??