šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ī©

That can happen sometimes lol, more information is both a good and bad thing to have

2 Likes

@dcofficehack I find the same thing is true with my Sundaras.
I am fussier about timbre, proper balance between instruments, and especially hall resonance. Good problem to haveā€¦most of the time! :wink:

3 Likes

Guys, I know this thread seems to be inactive at the moment but, any suggestions for a possible new ear pad replacement for the DT880 Pros? because the stock pads of mine in terms of its comfort are losing and itā€™s getting a bit hard to be placed on my ears.

Either just buy stock or go grab Dekoni Elite velours as they are thicker

1 Like

I would buy the Dekoni Elites if they are available here in the first place, at least my country sells Brainwavz here but I am afraid it might alter the sounds of my DT880 if I bought a Brainwavz ear pads.

if you dont wanna aler the sound stock is your best bet

So Iā€™ve been going back and forth between my dt 880/990s 600 ohm for the past month powered by a mag 3+ and they are both absolutely phenomenal. For gaming, I find myself using the 990s more because of the noticably wider soundstage over the 88s and the laser sharp imaging. The detail reproduction is amazing on the 880s and I donā€™t really find the bass all that lacking when I play songs that I know have low end throughout.

Looking at whether itā€™ll be worth it to save up for a lyr or go right ahead for the asgard. Is it a big enough of an improvement for these cans?

I love the stock pads on the DT 880ā€™s theyā€™re so comfy, are there any velours as comfy as the stock pads or any other pads as comfy as these??

5 Likes

My DT880ā€™s crapped out today. :unamused:

I bought from UK, they were shipped from Germany and I am in Canada. This should be fun.

Oh no! Crapped out how?

Just donā€™t work right. I have to pull out the plug half way to get sound. It sounds like they are playing with a pillow over them. I unscrewed the 1/4" and put it back on and no difference. Tried different amps and none worked properly. They have never been dropped or abused. I roll like eight sets of headphones regularly, so they all see very little use.
Canā€™t find any damage at all on the cable. Jiggling where the cable enters the headphone did nothing. I can see no problem or damage. Interior short?

Are you able to try a different 1/4 inch adapter or plug in 3.5 to a different source?

I need to find another screw on. I will try my HD600 adapter. These actually blew me away after listening to broken Beyers. :smile:

Edit: The HD600 is not screw on. I have no screw on adapters.

Do you have a source that takes a 3.5 mm?

I do. My phone. I just tried it and found the problem. There is some kind of break in the cable just above the amp jack. And since the cable is not replaceableā€¦
Just jiggle this and it will not work in three directions, but the fourth is the charm. :grin:
break

2 Likes

That is a relatively easy DIY fix and might be less hassle than more international shipping to get a replacement. But, I certainly understand the irritation of buying a product and having it fail so quickly.

First headphone failure ever. I was getting too cocky! I have bought somewhere between 15 and 20 pairs in the last five years.
I just emailed Thomann and iā€™ll see what they say. They may say see the manufacturer as it has been 60 days.

Just out of curiosity what is the ā€œeasy fixā€?

Relatively easy, but you have to cut that plug off and replace it. Requires soldering 3 wires. As far as wiring fixes go, itā€™s pretty straightforward.

1 Like

Youā€™d think so, but I have never soldered beforeā€¦