đŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ω

well thats one way to address the issue lol

Do you lower the input volume level too? just curious

No, but that’s a different problem relating to the 789.

i gave in and bought the headphone. I just need to know which amp can drive this headphone properly. Which is better for it? What’s your guys recommendations? Currently i’m looking at the RNHP or the Aune S7 Pro on Drop. Is there something that’s better? Money isn’t an issue for these two, but i’m open to others if the math fits the 600 ohms.

By spec the Aune will work fine. Other members of this forum have said the RNHP handles the 880 very well too. I run them off an Asgard 3 or a Darkvoice with great results on each.

2 Likes

And I have had good results with the SMSL SP200. It looks like the cheapest Amps that would work are the Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy.

random question, would the RNHP or Aune S7 Pro be able to drive the STAX SR-L700MK2 very well? Possibly going to invest in these in the distant future.

Won’t drive them - you need an electrostatic energiser for stax.

i can hear my wallet weeping in the future. oh well lol thanks for the heads up

1 Like

There are units floating around that you can convert high power amp into electrostatic charge for stax but if you are spending L700 money you’d probably want to use higher end energisers

1 Like

mind showing me some examples? plz n ty

I appreciate you looking into it. I’m going with the S7. I noticed just now that Zeos has an S7 on his main desk when he’s not work. Don’t know if there’s a difference between his and the Pro version unless they’re just the same and Drop just stuck on the “Pro”. That way it can match the Aune X8 i’m going to grab.

https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/stax/srd-5.htm

Sorry for hijacking the thread All

I have DT1990 (B-pads) and chord hugo 2 and it can get loud to the point of damaging them. I tried chord hugo 2 into emotiva ta-100 (not a-100) and it hits much harder, almost like a speaker sensation of bass, rumble and tight bass, the highs are a little tammed and smoother (can play louder), imaging is different but I can’t say what’s different and soundstage feels bigger. The downside is that highs are a little less detailed (maybe because i use some $30 rca cables). So driving headphones is not always about loudness/volume. I wish I had the 3.5mm M - 6.3mm F adapter to test this with HD800.

Yeah definitely. Which is frustrating because it means amp specs often aren’t all that helpful.

Do you have a DT880? How’s it compare to the 1990?

Kinda sound the same tbh. The dt880 is a bit smoother overall. The DT1990 is more aggressive. Punchier bass, better bass extension, not as forward in the lower treble. The dt880 treble is more noticeable but the 1990 treble is more unforgiving and revealing.

That’s mainly a comparison with the a pads on the 1990. The b pads increase the bass quite a bit.

bruh at this point just plug the 880 into a power outlet that way you get all the power you need.

5 Likes

Zeos recommends a Tesla supercharger. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure a violectric can power these

1 Like