Beyerdynamic dt990 pro amp and dac stack

Do you have experience with this combo? Also whats the max that it will drive.

990 asgard 3? yes pretty decent combo as the asgard has a good amount of power it lean warm and the treble is relatively smooth sounding unlike the bright sp200. it can drive almost anything you throw at it with very few exceptions

Ok so what would the g6 do to the asgard 3 in terms of quality. Also how would i connect them if i do decide to go this route.

Any 150 - 200 dac as long as it has your desired inputs… Smsl SU9, GESHELLI Jnog/enog, ifi zen dac, schiit dac etc.

They’re all good and clean doesn’t really matter. Comes more down to an amp pairing with your DT990 250 OHM.

Maybe a good opportunity for tubes like a darkvoice if you want a more chilled sound from your DT990 which I’m sure are sharp.

Or

Class A amp. Something like a singxer class A, or an XDUOO hybrid amp TA-10 class A hybrid if tubes aren’t your thing. I just wouldn’t go with an analytical amp like a 789 style super clean amp as its not the best pairing. Something more rich and lush like a Class A would do some good. [and have plenty of power]

The right amp will really change your experience with beyers and they’re very pad sensitive.

Leya say the xduoo ta -10 its only an amp or combo. Would it even be worth it to pair it with my g6.

Lets say the xduoo ta -10 its only an amp or combo. Would it even be worth it to pair it with my g6. Also how would i connect it to my pc it does not have optical but it does have a usb.

Do you already have the G6?

Yes its my main amp and dac.

Yes its my main thing i use with my 990s.

ok, then your chain would be source device (i.e. computer) to G6 via USB, G6 to amp via 3.5mm line out using a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable, to headphone. If you’re using a mod mic or something, you’d plug that directly into the G6, so no change there. Down the road, you could even use the optical out to go to an external DAC and still use the mic input.

Im considering the xduoo ta-10 im positive it blows away the g6? Also whats the difference between the 10 and 10r. How do i connect the xduoo ta-10 to my computer?

you’d have a couple of options for connecting the TA-10. One would be using the internal DAC by running USB from your computer. You’d have to select the audio output device as the Xduoo and input device as the G6 (I think this would work). You could also run the line out from the G6 to the TA-10’s RCA input.

The TA-10R is red vs black, but also includes a Coax and Toslink digital input in place of one of the RCA inputs. In that case, you could run USB to the G6, then optical out from the G6 to the TA-10R.

Ok so what effect will i notice from the g6 to the ta-10 and is the upgrade worth it? Have you tried the g6?

I unfortunately haven’t heard either the G6 or TA-10, but perhaps someone who has can comment

1 Like

Last question for you i own a pair of klipsch rp 600m which are paired with a sony str dh790 home theater receiver and i was wondering can i power my speakers with the ta-10 paired with the receiver.

Yes, you could run the RCA line out to your receiver. The receiver would still do the amplification, but the signal can be passed.

1 Like

Could you point me in the right direction to see where i can get the amp for cheaper. Also thank you so much for your help really appreciate it.

looks like your looking for a warm sound step up from g6? G6 is a pretty bad unit in all honesty… it has power, but in terms of sound quality its very very poor. Many amps at $100 will best that one… I agree with rice here that the liquid spark stack is very good for the 990s… it rolls that treble and adds quite a lot of warmth to the lows and mids really filling it in and maintaining a very good sound and synergy with the 990. If you feel the 990s are too bright I would recommend switching the 250 ohm to the 600 ohm as that has a more refined sound with less treble issues. Xduoo Ta-10 is nice as well, hybrid tubes still leaning warm not bad at all really that would be nice, if you wanted straight tubes… dark voice would be alright, and if you wanted a class A amp I would definitely say something like the Asgard or maybe an ifi zen can stack if your a bit of a bass fan.

put simply though, upgrading past that g6 won’t be difficult for you… but it will also depend on if your ears can perceive most of the differences… keeping in mind that also things such as youtube already have low quality, compression, and distortion so that’s not really a good example between units… you’d want flac/lossless to sit down and listen with

if your searching for cheaper, I would recommend digging around the used markets or placing ads up for what your looking for on said markets… these markets include Reddit Avexchange, Hifiguides here in the buy/sell looking for thread, head-fi in their respective trading tabs, and for most other places you can just use hifishark to scour the web for them. Just please remember to stay safe if buying third party… make sure to use something such as paypal that offers protections… request pictures of the product to show the condition and proof of ownership(such as a placard with their username, date, etc). Paypal lets you do invoices like a bill of sorts… if said deal doesn’t work out or the guy is trying something shady paypal protects its people with a money guarantee protection policy

1 Like

I buy my music from qobuz and are all in flac except for one album that i have in wav. I’ll try the thread here on the forum. Also does the darkvoivlce have a dac or is it just an amp.

just an amp, as is the asgard.

Darkvoice is a straight Tube amp but it pairs really well with the higher ohm beyers