Beyerdynamic dt990 pro amp and dac stack

The darkvoice and the ta-10 are really similarly priced what would you recommend. Also could the g6 be used with the darkvoice as its dac? Can you direct me to the buying thread here on the forum

Depends what your looking forā€¦ darkvoice has that wetter very tube like sound and ta-10 is a hybrid but sounds a bit more solid stateā€¦ canā€™t go wrong with either imo.

I donā€™t see why not but youā€™d need a special set of cables for thatā€¦ darkvoice there only has rca ports in the back. Also, noticing you mentioned speakersā€¦ the darkvoice does not have a preamp port in the back like something such as liquid spark for speakers.

Thank you i see that on drop the ta-10r the newer model is 270.

I checked the drop website and they have the xduoo ta-10r the new model for 270. Do you think that the pairing of the 990s and the ta-10r are a good match for the music of the carpenters?

The TA10 is a dac amp combo. And itā€™s got everything except optical. Iā€™d recommend a smooth amp in general for the DT 990 250 ohm anything Class A recommended or tubes

So is ta-10 a good choice if not what else would you recommend thats class A and at that same price point.

1 Like

I prefer smooth and warm but agreed. I think smooth goes well with it.

I do to an extent but this goes by preference really.

1 Like

Definitely a great choice. Provides a ton of power which those DT990ā€™s will need. Just cause the class Aā€™s are smooth and rich doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t detialed too just a side note.

Definitely for the carpenters this would be a good match. Iā€™ll link some other class A amps

1 Like

Hey can you link some other class A amps in the same price range as the xduoo ta-10r. Also do you know if there are sales around the time of the 4th of july as it is my birthday and that is most likely when Iā€™ll pull the trigger on something like this.

1 Like

Just be careful not to assume that just because something is Class A that itā€™s going to sound a certain way. Thereā€™s a lot of generalization around ā€˜tube soundā€™, ā€˜class a soundā€™, etc. that can be a bit misleading, as both tubes and class A can also sound bright and harsh like many might associate with class D and visa versa. Topology by itself doesnā€™t dictate how an amp sounds, just like the DS chip in a DAC by itself doesnā€™t dictate how the DAC sounds. Itā€™s all about implementation.

That said, some warmer and smoother amps in the price range of the TA-10Ā® or lower to pair with a DT990 could include Schiit Magni 3+, Liquid Spark, Schiit Asgard 3, Lake People G103s, and some others I may not be thinking of at the momentā€¦perhaps some of the Drop Cavalli stuff like Liquid Carbon X and Cavalli Tube Hybrid.

I wish there was a way that i could try them before purchasing but i guess i canā€™t. Can the ta-10r be smooth and warm also Iā€™ll look into the others you mentioned.

I really havenā€™t heard as much about the TA-10r, so I canā€™t really give much guidance there.

Im leaning towards it but again if there is a way to listen to it do you know?

Wish I could help you out, but no. Thereā€™s still not a lot going on for audio gear meets/swaps that Iā€™ve heard of, and Iā€™ve never seen Xduoo in-store anywhere.

Have you used the 990s? If you could can you provide screenshots of what you use. There are only a few reviews on the ta-10r. I for sure canā€™t afford the ta-30 or anything in that range. I appreciate all your help.

Iā€™ve had both the DT880 and DT770 both in 600ohm form, but not DT990. My current amps are not in the range youā€™re looking for, so Iā€™m afraid that wouldnā€™t help much, but many here have used the amps previously mentioned with good results.

Ah ok do you know someone that i could get in contact with for some questions. Also do you know how i could use a remote with my pc to change tracks on foobar2000.

Look into Flirc for the remoteā€¦not sure what other options there might be. @Falenkor is kinda the resident Beyer aficionado, though I know there are many others who have experience with the DT990s.

2 Likes

I checked amazon for the flirc and its unavailable.

I mean I have a lot of other headphones like Iā€™m in the process of trying the focal lineup right nowā€¦ I just love beyers because they suit my preference alot and honestly for gaming competitive they are ridiculously good compared to the other headphones