Beyerdynamic Refresh - DT 900 Pro X and DT 700 Pro X

lol totally get it, no disrespect. Also hope you recover quickly!

This would not be a massive upgrade to the 770 and 990. They used to cost 300 when they came out too if I remember correctly. These are simply a replacement

I don’t think they are mean to be a replacements somehow. The pads look stiffer and thicker. Also, the cover looks like the one in the tygr 300r which drops the treble substantially. Studios are used to the sharp beyer treble.

Edit: Grammar

well, to be fair its something we dont know yet… they changed the whole headphone around from the looks of things… When they released 3rd gen T1 they discontinued the previous generation despite the heavy difference in sound… so only time will tell what they have in store for the original DT… it has been around since the 80s so I wouldn’t rule out potential upgrade just yet.

I mean, they just looks like a rounded out dekoni pad in all honesty lol. Perhaps beyer saw how popular the dekoni elite velours and suedes were and took advantage of that.

I can pretty much guarantee this is the case… been a recurring trend on their headphones lately to have that foam piece on the headphone. Amiron wireless, tygr 300r, and T1 3rd gen all had it on and now we see that same type foam piece in the new revisions here…

I am getting impatient! Any news?

1 Like

Available!

2 Likes
2 Likes

In for a pair of the 700 Pro X!

1 Like

I went to the Beyer site to look at the price, the shipping, and the tax to get an estimate for the dt900 x. My hand slipped and bought the dt900 x by mistake…

:wink:

2 Likes

Did Dekoni make these pads cause they look very comfortable.

For the inpatients (me, but order from Beyer official site :frowning: ).
Amazon seller Kaviso have prime shipping ETA Saturday 10/9

Nooooo not the low impedance drivers.

48 ohms just sounds awful so I hope they give us the option to step that up.

Whats so bad about low impedance drivers? (genuinely asking).

Tube amps are out of the equation. And, usually higher impedance tend to have better control and dampening when amped properly

2 Likes

Typically nothing, it’s a relatively useless metric that won’t say anything about sound quality (but could give you info on how hard they may be to drive), but typically it’s somewhat meaningless when it comes to sound quality

But for beyerdynamic, they offer multiple impedance versions of models of their headphones, and historically the higher impedance beyerdynamics showcased better technical proficiency and higher amp scaling ability, where the lower impedance drivers lost some of that. I’d assume this is a similar new driver to what’s in the beyerdynamic t1 gen 3, and in the gen 3 they swapped the 600 ohm driver for a new like 32 ohm driver and imo it’s lost a lot of it’s technical ability and limits amp scaling potential (different tuning as well), so that makes me think we will see similar results with new beyerdynamic headphones using the low impedance drivers, because they are more optimized for easy drivability than quality

So in the mass majority of other headphone manufacturers a lower impedance doesn’t really signify much, but when it comes to beyerdynamic they have a track record of lower impedance versions sounding worse than the higher impedance versions. If Beyer didn’t have this track record it wouldn’t have stood out to me at least

You can still use tube amps, but generally it’s going to be the more expensive transformer coupled kind (or special otl designs), most common otl are out of the option now. Regarding the control aspect technically yes but I’d say I wouldn’t generalize like that

2 Likes

its on order

2 Likes

I know, it will be the beyer drivers the ones are known for high impedance better performance. Focal driver technology made wonders with low impedance drivers for example.

2 Likes

Planning to get one??

lol no, the moment it went up I placed an order for it. Should be here this week according to shipping

1 Like

From beyer site? 24-48h to ship. I chose fixed shipping

1 Like

Yep, should be here friday or saturday. Obviously went with 900 pro x for the time being.

2 Likes