đŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2

That’s a pretty nice price :+1:

So in the case of the darkvoice and little dot, they are the headphone amp. So just source > dac > tube amp. The darkvoice can also be used as a pre amp, not sure about the little dot though.

1 Like

considering the dac jumps the price usually by $200 I would snag that one as I see it as a good deal and worthwhile over the zen.

not sure what your getting at with that one honestly lol. I wouldn’t particularly call the T1 a entry level though it’s definitely more into the Hifi level. Expensive or reasons. Granted depending on the person I have had shockingly another tell me he thought the DT 880 was extremely similar to the T1 and preferred the cheaper 880 just some food for thought. Price does not dictate your enjoyment or quality of the product.

if you mean the 3rd gen? Unknown. It has additional foam and build materials
 it could be a seperate signature. Just like the original T1 and the 2nd gen are of a different signature the 3rd gen is sounding more to be like a V signature which is rather commonplace amongst beyerdynamic signature headphones. I think it’s too soon to call on the 3rd gen right now completely
 Would wait for some honest reviews ignoring the commonplace people gushing per the norm over some items.

agreed thats quite nice.

Yeah I completely get it. I must admit that my purchases are not entirely conventional, skipping several steps from an HD559 and then straight into the T1s aren’t exactly the right choice to make. Since I’ve heard you know spend the $600 on 3 headphones rather than 1 and also I nearly completely ignored the “don’t buy if you’re a noob with cash” on Z’s Reddit guide.

I guess the reason I bought the T1s is I got a bit hyped, seeing it’s still sold at $1100 here in HK and then seeing it on Amazon for nearly half the price. I also asked another local forum and saw comments saying that T1 is kind of the endgame headphone for some–despite owning multiple they’d go back to listening on the T1 most. So instead of buying a few headphones and being left wanting more, I suppose I wanted to just skip straight to it? In hindsight, totally underestimated the Dac/amp bit. Also I finally pulled the trigger when I saw the T1 silvers go unavailable for int’l shipping and then the black ninja colour dropped to $644 with shipping.

That and also I really don’t want to repeat my iem purchasing experiences. In HK since most of us don’t have personal spaces at home or have v little, it’s more popular to purchase high end iems, which is not worth the price tbh. So a part of me just wants to get the T1s and hopefully not feeling the need for purchase (at least for some time).

Part of me wishes I had tbh lol. I wouldn’t sweat it too much I mean they’re going to decent enough on the Zen and if you pick up that A3 multibit you’re in a pretty fantastic place imo. The t1.2 plays nice with so many genres and use cases (music, games, movies) that honestly I think you’ll find yourself very pleased for a very long time. Super solid all rounder :+1:

1 Like

Pretty commonplace and can be a very bad habit and the worst enemy to your wallet. Definitely best to pace yourself it’s a journey not a race and just going to the very end can spell disaster pretty fast. Especially considering there are people who can’t tell the different in sound as much as others so everyones experience will vary.

That’s a little over Full price for here in the USA actually. I got my T1.2 for $475. More reasons to wait on them and never jump the hype train.

I have been seeing a few make this mistake of late or they want a great headphone but they don’t want the amp lol. T1 is 600 ohms and demanding definitely have to make sure you have the power to back it up.

Hmm, I suppose this may work. Granted I would have a world of other recommendations before jumping so high up in the price brackets lol. Still T1 is a spectacular headphone for sure. I personally find it one step short of the HD800S which is like $1,600.

I would however recommend you to take a step back if you decide to look into alternative headphones though and check out more sound signatures see what suits you better. There is plenty of great sounding headphones within the $300 range that don’t have such insane power requirements

$899 was my sale price in Canada. I think $644 is a pretty nice price. $475 is obviously a very good price that must’ve been a significant sale price or used even. I think our friend here did alright.

brand new and on sale. When I saw that I thought I would be pretty stupid not to snag the T1 at that price lol. Nah I didn’t mean to say it was a bad price for him just I feel he may have been able to find it for even cheaper. Digging around you do tend to find that from time to time
 Depreciation is indeed a thing in this hobby
 Hell I snagged a DT 770 250 ohm recently for $90 only thing wrong was the pads had some use to them easy fix. Of course just some of my thoughts on it is all

You did extremely well :ok_hand: should’ve bought 2 lol

Prices vary pretty drastically in different parts of the world. Tough to say.

2 Likes

That is the unfortunate part. I seen some of Canada’s shipping prices from the USA it’s insane. Even if it’s just travelling right across the border a short distance the prices sky rocket.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll definitely try that when I feel that I have some extra cash to burn, but i might just listen to my friends HD660s first. I tried it with him at the store and I liked it.

I suppose I could’ve snagged something less like the HD660s or the Hifiman Sundaras, I wouldn’t have minded the Senna or even focals, but I try to avoid purchasing Chinese products where possible now (long story, r/HongKong if you wanna know more)

The thing is, here headphones will not have much/any hype at all, and the T1s I could only find on sale at 1 or 2 places at $1100, none of them offer a chance to try it out. There are options to try out the Senns HD660s, 800s and 820, but you can only buy but not try the 600 or the 650. Subsequently, headphones rarely go on sale, my friend bought his 660s for $460 and while I’m not sure if that’s a good deal in the States/West, it sure is in hk.

Whereas iems and audioplayers pretty much dominate the whole audio market in hk (and sometimes Asia), you’ll see players marked at $1200 and above and people still flock to buy them to pair with a $1500 iem from something like 64Audio. If you’re curious, I can send you the Instagram Accounts of 2 major audiophile/hifi shops. dmaaudio and letsgoaudio.

If only we can have that price for a flagship headphone haha. If only.

On the flip side, some products we do can buy for cheaper price, notably Chinese products like the Little Dot MkII can be bought for a little more than $100, same for the SMSL AD18. The only downside is we don’t have the Amazon guarantee where you can just return them if you don’t like them lol.

a little off topic perhaps but I was wondering if anyone knows which other beyerdynamic ear pads can be used for the T1 1st generation. The original replacement costs 39 euros but I don’t want to spend that if I can just used the DT990 velour pads.

Also any thoughts on which pads might help in taming the treble without betraying the over-all sound?

For the Canucks on the board there are some T1.2’s on CAM. I made a feeble trade attempt.
He is asking $750.00.

1 Like

just sent my t1.2 in for warranty and they arrived today. Since they sent out my fixed t1.2 today (within 8 hours), I am assuming they sent out a NIB t1.2
?

I found this t1.2nd that was 600$, now is 500$ it says open box.

2 Likes

Still waiting on dekoni to release the angled pads for Beyers. I did message them a ways back they said it’s on the project list. I would prefer some angled pads on my T1 but they said probably next year it will be finished

So my very first impressions on the T1.2 are that it sounds awesome and very important, it is actually comfortable. The 1990 had too much clamp for me, which was one of the reasons to send it back.
I think it sounds very well rounded. Had actually a weird moment were i heard something in a song that ive not noticed before and it came from a very weird place that i didnÂŽt know existed ( but it was awesome :D)

5 Likes

Moved a bunch of posts regarding the T1 3rd Gen, for now if you want to talk about the 3rd gen, please use the 3rd gen thread

2 Likes

Also side note for t1.2 owners, if you get your hands on a current drive amp, the t1.2 changes drastically lol, it becomes extremely transparent and overall the headphone greatly increases in speed, detail, and linearity, like I could easily use the t1.2 for studio no problem with a current drive amp, it’s like it’s a different headphone. Also the treble becomes extremely linear as well, no beyer treble peakiness. You do trade a bit of impact (and the headphone becomes less forgiving) but man is it worth it, also you do get a much more holographic stage too.

3 Likes

What’s an example of a current drive amp you recommend?

Right now I’m using re/leaf e3 hybrid dc monoblocks, but those were a pita to get, but you might be able to find a bakoon hpa-21 or hpa-01, or perhaps a qes hpba-2 mkii, there aren’t many out there tbh. I know the questyle stuff says it’s “current mode” but I don’t know if they just mean it’s high current or actually current drive, either way, I don’t get the massive change that I do from the re/leaf/bakoon/qes with the questyle

Edit: I should also mention amps like this have transformed the hd800s as well from demos I’ve had with them