šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2

Can someone tell me how the Ninja edition is different (sound-wise)?

Itā€™s going to be a bit brighter sounding because of the black pads being brighter

1 Like

Gotcha thanks.

Would you say that itā€™s brighter than either of the pads with dt1990s?

I would say itā€™s warmer and more relaxed than the 1990 (the mk2 at least)

2 Likes

Thanks there have been some deals recently and Iā€™m hoping they last a few extra weeks for me to be able to pick a pair up. Still very curious on them lol.

1 Like

Yes they are on sale. The ninja black lowest price was 600$ now it is 650$.( Edited: ebay have them for 600$).

Silver T1.2nd:
https://www.focuscamera.com/beyerdynamic-713805-t1-generation-2-headphones-black-silver.html

Ninja black T1.2nd:

https://www.focuscamera.com/beyerdynamic-t1-2nd-gen-ninja-edition-audiophile-stereo-headphones-black.html

The T1ā€™s are one of the few headphones iā€™m interested in (HEDDphone too) I liked the mk1 but not heard mk2 is there much difference in the over all sound delivery?

I always wanted to try the T1.1st gen. People say the T1.2nd is more warm with more bass and controlled treble, but it lose sound stage and openness.

1 Like

Then iā€™m looking for the mk1 thank you :+1:

1 Like

Hey, I guess this is my final decider, so I was partially intrested since these are 600ohm as well, so do these take to a tube more than say the lower end 600ohm Beyers . If not which is preferable etc.(other options welcome as well, outside of sennheiser 600 series) The initial amps will contain an output transformer, tube amp, and up to several hundred ohms of output impedance etc.

2 Likes

I just watched a livestream earlier where they briefly mentioned the DT880ā€™s for tube amps.

I think MON has also mentioned that these ā€˜tubeā€™ really well.

Yes, both the 880 600 and t1 tube very well imo

3 Likes

Thanks for the cable links. I noticed the stock cable has 3-pole (TRS) connectors running to each earcup, but couldnā€™t imagine why 3 poles would be necessary (or even how they might be used). Was going to ask if anyone here was using a cable with 2-pole connectors, but your second linked cable (the one you like) has them, so I guess that answers that. :slight_smile:

FWIW, Iā€™ve recommended these to a friend for gaming, and was looking at Periapt cables with a sleeve matching his gaming rig color scheme. Periapt uses 2-pole connections.

ā€“

UPDATE: Beyerdynamic just emailed me back:

Unfortunately, we cannot authorize the use of any other cables other than our own for our headphones. The T1 has 3 pole connections for a true balanced connection to each ear cup.

Ugh. Donā€™t make me pull out my multimeter. And stop being so corporate. Itā€™s a %*#@ cable, not a trade secret.

1 Like

Any balanced 2 pole or even mono works, no worries from my experience

2 Likes

Pulled out the Fluke:

Tips are hot and ring + sleeve are essentially shorted (the sleeve-to-ground path is about 0.2 ohms less efficient for anyone keeping score). This is exactly how 2-pole mono connections are wired, so what @M0N said, confirmed by science!

1 Like

I forgot, did you install the speedball as well? With the speedball I wouldnā€™t worry about loosing speed, but without the speedball the amp can be somewhat sloppy imo

I donā€™t personally feel this would be the case unfortunately

Ah yeah, a crack + hd600 is very pleasing, but wonā€™t have near the speed of the 95x

Iā€™ve decided to get these over the Dt1990 Pros (for Now) Whenever they go on sale (theyā€™re currently over a 1000 Dollars CAD)

2 Likes