🔶 Beyerdynamic T1 Gen3

I bought the T5p.2’s for half price, used. I was hoping to do the same with the T1.2’s.
Last year the retails on the T1’s were a few hundred less than T5p.2’s in Canada. I never wanted 600 Ohms at the time, but now… :grin:

It’s an interesting idea dialing it in to 32 ohms but I am not quite sure why they did this for an open backed headphone. It makes more sense for the T5P as it’s their flagship portable closed back.

who knows, maybe the 32 ohm will be damn good? I mean one can hope I guess.

Never was a big fan of the T5P. Awfully bright in my opinion and was a bit much for me for a more on the go headphone. Like they made dt 990 a closed back least to my ear

1 Like

The T5p.2’s were blindingly bright. They caused me to buy the Schiit Loki. :laughing:

2 Likes

Damn I’m not sure whether to rush to buy the 2nd gen in case they go up in price or wait and see if the price goes down.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s released for 999€ in Germany

1 Like

I noticed on the beyer website that they are now listing it as open instead of semi-open like the t1.2. I wonder if that means they made additional internal acoustic changes? Might just be a marketing change but I thought it was interesting.

2 Likes

I read in another forum that they sound more open compared to the t1.2nd. Take it with a grain of salt, first time impressions from someone.

so they opened it up and added dampening material then?

Back in the $900 range huh. welp, I am not one to take the plunge at that amount I will let others here sit with them and await reviews

The description states the 3rd gen has more bass than the 2nd gen.

The price is too high for me too :sob: I am interested in the more open sound.

gotta admit they look nicer than I thought actually this guy made an unboxing video. Though I hesitate to buy at such a high price considering the pressure and ohms are much less here… Not sure how the sound will be.

2 Likes

Yea… they sure look nice. Curious to see what the reviews will be considering the changes.

1 Like

Used prices for the T1.2 already gone up by about 100€ in germany :sob:

Damn the t1. 2went up $30 on Amazon here in the US.

Hmm glad I picked the 1.2 up then, I guess they are going up lol

1 Like

Not sure how I feel reading Majorhifi’s review on the third gen. Apparently warmer now and they tweaked the highs to supposedly be more balanced out now creating a Warm sounding T1 which is odd… I have my doubts considering that doesn’t really sound like Beyerdynamic’s house sound. Tygr 300r and custom series were a bit of an exception to the treble. Granted if it is a warm T1 as though they took that idea of a Warm flagship like the tygrs but better I may have to grab it for myself later on as that is incredibly interesting for me.

posted the review link incase anybody is interested in reading it.

2 Likes

Hmmm… yea if these are like a better version like the Tygr 300, that would be interesting.

I definitely think it would be a good idea for Beyer in that regard, provided they can pull it off. No offense to beyer but I really don’t think warm headphones or low end is particularly their strong point. Lot of their lineup for me personally I found sounds rather thin, hollow, lacking body, lacking impact, lacking depth even in the DT 990’s case despite being bassy it still sounds rather lacking to me. T1.2 and 1990 are definitely huge improvements in sound in my opinion and the Tygrs are definitely not perfect as they don’t respond well to equalization, don’t scale all that well with amps, and pad swaps of a thicker variety make it a bit boomy or muddy depending on the fabric. Plus ya know… tygr has an attached cable. Definitely room for improvements.

I don’t really understand why some companies do this thing where they make a new revision of a headphone with a different sound signature and then discontinue the previous model. I want T1s but I don’t want this new warmer version. I don’t get why it has to be the same name, like call it the T2 or whatever but just let me buy the headphones I want.

4 Likes

Because they want you to pay 1000 for their new model…